IGNORED

What what genre would you call BOC's music?

Morpheus

• 3 months later...

electronica.

though some guys say this genre doesnt exist

it features all indie-influenced psychedelic downtempo artists (times with trip-hop elements) like Plaid, Air, Moby (play album), Four Tet, To Rococo Rot, Massive Attack, Portishead (we could add others here if needed). indietronica is included in the "electronica" term which says its just partly sounding electronic

To me BoC belongs there.

Guest cyphersum

okay...

BOCcore

BOCtronica

BOC-hop

however you want to label it really...

I put in my Top 10 All Time Heavy Rotation which includes The Beatles, Aphex Twin, and Depeche Mode

why? opening a record store?

Yes, and I am only selling BoC records, so this is really important. There is a huge market for their music in my town, but people will only buy from my store if the genre sounds cool. Perhaps something ending in "core". Also, for a promotion, I will be giving out red moon t-shirts. People won't get it at first, but I am sure they will thank me later.

Since I will be selling only BoC, I need to find what else they have done. All I have now are MHTRTC and TCH. I would sell Geogaddi, but it has weird voices and stuff in it. I heard they have some secret albums, called twoism and beautiful countries or something, but I can't find them anywhere. Oh well, I guess two cds will have to do.

There are many more albums besides TCH, MHTRTC, and geogaddi. If you want to buy albums you can go to the warprecords site. Heres the link.

http://www.warprecords.com/

Click Albums and then any sky-blue colored tab. Theres also a Hi Scores CD by them too, it's label was SKAM. As far as i know, you can buy that on amazon.com.

• 3 months later...

technically the genre they are in is called either "Pete" or "Thereabouts", but in my itunes (which i hate, but steve jobs has portable digital music by the balls) i just list them as "psychedelic"

• 2 weeks later...
it's new age. end of thread.

-----------8<----------------

new age? are you one of those Prodigy-loving bedwetters who gets embarrassed in front of his dad when a love scene comes on tv? you're the guy who's excited about the new spiderman film aren't you?

Archived