IGNORED

Q-Chastic/Melodies From Mars

Guest vibertisgod

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I promised Richard not to let anyone have copies. I stick to that.

what if he ever wrongs you?

thats a mike paradinas quote, not a joyrex quote

Guest Kenneth172

Well, hats off to Joyrex for letting us hear these audio snippets. I particularly like track 11 and the beat on track 4. For me it's this distinctly organic sound with these tracks that typifies the early Aphex sound. Wish he'd go back to that style but I understand he has to move on.

• 3 weeks later...
What the hell - here's 1 minute samples of all the tracks - forgive the quality, as the MD was ripped from a cassette, which it turn was hastily taped from one of Richard's DATs (more on this later) - the sound gets progressively better as the tracks go on.

Let's see what happens now... shall we?

Oh -anyone else who may have these tracks - my posting samples of this does NOT give you carte blanche to post the full audio versions anywhere - they are still copyrighted tracks, protected by international copyright laws.

Seem that RDJ has suddenly decided to play some more unreleased material. After all this time...

[Track 04 from Unreleased Cassette Tracks]

This was from the State-X show from the Dec. 14-15th 2007, the track itself probably over ten years old...

Guest Caustic
What the hell - here's 1 minute samples of all the tracks - forgive the quality, as the MD was ripped from a cassette, which it turn was hastily taped from one of Richard's DATs (more on this later) - the sound gets progressively better as the tracks go on.

Let's see what happens now... shall we?

Oh -anyone else who may have these tracks - my posting samples of this does NOT give you carte blanche to post the full audio versions anywhere - they are still copyrighted tracks, protected by international copyright laws.

Seem that RDJ has suddenly decided to play some more unreleased material. After all this time...

This was from the State-X show from the Dec. 14-15th 2007, the track itself probably over ten years old...

i asked him to play that track personally.

me and rich go way back.

EXcellent find, my friend.

i really wish joyrex would comment more on his plans to get these out/ i spoke with him a while back about a direct digital copy from his MD source including a lossless copy (hopefully to help salvage an additional lossy reformat on top of the mounting reformats that are apparent by the sound quality).

I've still to get a digital optical cable so I can record the MD to my Mac, then make a CD to send it out to be cleaned up. Hope to do that in my periods of non-sickness these next few days/weeks.

Archived