IGNORED

Drukqs Disk 1 & 2 are meant to be played at the same time!

chim

i read this on the amazon reviews of drukqs and tried it out. it fucking works!

it made me realise why bit 4 is so repetitive, it's supposed to play together with ziggomatic! seriously, try it out in ableton or something like that

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
it made me realise why bit 4 is so repetitive, it's supposed to play together with ziggomatic!

eh? ziggo and bit 4 are on the same disk, and bit 4 is only 21 seconds long

where you referring to Orban eq trx 4? (Disk 1 track 12)

sounds unlikely to me ...

I mean, it sounds unlikely that he would engineer two entire discs of an album so that they could be played together. and then not tell anyone.

thats a lot of effort....

(would be a very clever thing to do though)

you need to set a 'control' on this experiment by playing other random RDJ albums together and see if they sound equally good.

Yeah, I tried it out last night, it definately isn't random. Everything just fits in together perfectly :D

Just one question, what are you supposed to do with Kesson dalef? Disk 2 finishes before track 14 on Disk 1 and the whole of track 15 is left over.

Guest iamperfet
awesome it completly fits exactly 6 times

sound a bit more danceble by this and really meant this way

Could you please list what songs go together?

awesome it completly fits exactly 6 times

sound a bit more danceble by this and really meant this way

Could you please list what songs go together?

all of them?

track 1 goes with track 16 aka track 1 on the second disk

track 2 goes with track 17

etc etc

I remember doing this back when this was first discussed a few weeks after it was released. Back then I used my hifi CD player for cd1 and my computer CD drive for CD2 and thought: cor this doesn't work at all does it ?

I've just tried it now with a multi-track audio editor (i.e. exactly timed) and by golly if it works equally as poorly there.

It don't work boss, one bit.

I think.. only some people are able to get this

btw are you supposed to do it like this:

54 c y m r u b e a t s|btoum-romada|lorna|QKThr|

jynweythek|v o r d h o s b n |kladvfgbung mischk|omgyjy-|

i.e. both disks going at the same time until they're finished

or

54 cymru beats|btoum-romada|lornaderek-----------|QKThr

jynweythek-----|vordhosbn----| kladvfgbung mischk|omgyjy-

i.e. playing track 1 of each disk at the same time, then playing track 2 of each disk at the same time etc.

because i was doing the first one (both disks)

P.S. for those who can't get this to work, mabye you deleted some of the silence at the end of the tracks? it has to be exactly the same amount as the original CDs or it won't work

Guest Replicant

It would be the absolute balls if someone could rip them all into one .wav file, pre synced!

Serve your Aphex community!

Guest αnalogue ψings

um, guyz....

if there was any synching going on, wouldn't it be with the VINYL version? :ermm:

btw are you supposed to do it like this:

54 c y m r u b e a t s|btoum-romada|lorna|QKThr|

jynweythek|v o r d h o s b n |kladvfgbung mischk|omgyjy-|

i.e. both disks going at the same time until they're finished

P.S. for those who can't get this to work, mabye you deleted some of the silence at the end of the tracks? it has to be exactly the same amount as the original CDs or it won't work

I assume it's meant to be this way, that's how I attempted to sync them anyways. And they're properly ripped with EAC from my original CDs using the "append gaps to previous track" feature of EAC (i.e. just as the CD version). Not only do you get a horrible clashing of beats, but the keys of each track are way out as well.

Guest bitroast

i've never tried it with the whole cd. i don't have in the same room, two players that will play and not pause for the slightest of seconds inbetween tracks. except, my friend put together an mp3 of vordhosbn and 54 cymru beats, and i have played the 2 cds up to this point and these two tracks DEFINETELY did sync up : )

Guest Mookid
my friend put together an mp3 of vordhosbn and 54 cymru beats, and i have played the 2 cds up to this point and these two tracks DEFINETELY did sync up : )

hmm.. not entirely correct.. ive tried it aswell.. but! the tunes have similar BPM and therefore sounds like they sync up, and they do for a couple of seconds.. but eventually they go trainwreckin! so dont let that fool you! if you listen carefully you'll see they dont match at all!

Well here's the first 8 or so minutes of this monstrosity. I would've uploaded more but there seems to be a 10Mb glitch on this 'ere board where the page gets reset if you upload >10Mb. Not only that but it's painfull to the ears to listen to.

For those that think this stuff syncs up let's hope none of you ever become DJs :laughing:

Archived