IGNORED

Where NOT to start with Squarepusher?

phudoshin

I don't think i'm wrong that TJ has a rep for being a bit "tricky" to get into sometimes so if you wanted to assault your annoying neighbours with some well crafted punishing pusher , where would you start:

(I love this side to squarepusher by the way.. its disjointed but takes you to another place like knowoen else can)

- My fucking sound

- Steinbolt

- Chin Hippy

- The sausage roll song off Buzz Caner

- Alive in Japan - the middle part (brilliant)

- Unreleased track off Liquid Room 97

Guest Wall Bird

Steinbolt, right when it starts getting choppy around 2:53

or

I'd put the first minute of 'An Arched Pathway' on repeat so that there's no release from the stuffy wall of sound.

I'd also like to point out that 'Drunken Style' is currently my ringtone. I wanted the most obnoxious tone I could get.

Guest Dr. Elemeno von Hat X: PhD

i jokingly suggested The Barn (303 Kebab Mix) for the thread opposite this one, but if you're of the right mindset it wouldn't be that bad of an intro...

i just love it. great album ender.

it starts off with all that feedback to jolt you out of your stupor (and scare the dog), and just as your adrenaline is leveling off, it launches into that acid loop, which honestly is just the perfect too-fast demeted loco rave loop. it just makes me chuckle.

then the drums come in, and it gets good...

it's the perfect track to spaz out and flail around to with some friends.

and it certainly meets the neighbor-annoying criterion for this thread.

Greenways Trajectory

Shit is pure chaos, esp when he just starts pitch shifting up that mess of granular amen snare rush till it turns into inaudible dog tones

Guest Enter a new display name
I don't think i'm wrong that TJ has a rep for being a bit "tricky" to get into sometimes so if you wanted to assault your annoying neighbours with some well crafted punishing pusher , where would you start:

(I love this side to squarepusher by the way.. its disjointed but takes you to another place like knowoen else can)

- My fucking sound

- Steinbolt

- Chin Hippy

- The sausage roll song off Buzz Caner

- Alive in Japan - the middle part (brilliant)

- Unreleased track off Liquid Room 97

These tracks are so awesome!!!

Guest Glass Plate
The worst first Squarepusher album for a new listener I would say is Music Is Rotted One Note, with the exception of My Sound.

shit, I was trying to get this as my first, and it's the one I've listened to the most, some reason it's one of my favorites. (Go platic was my first, fucking loved it)

Greenways Trajectory

Shit is pure chaos, esp when he just starts pitch shifting up that mess of granular amen snare rush till it turns into inaudible dog tones

i disliked this track the first few listens, and now i love it more than life itself.

Greenways Trajectory

i still have serious issue with this track, even after all these years. you know, after those inaudible dog tones you're describing... when the beat comes back... not the first sounds that appear but the beat itself - like some chopped up breakbeat...

that fucker always scares the shit outta me. seriously. especially when listening on headphones but even if not. even on moderate loudness. i fuckin always twitch. i just can't figure it out, when it'll start. now i've like developed a phobia so everytime i hear the track i start expecting that moment and then i'm all like "come on come on let's get over with this already oh come on it should be over by now..."

it's horrible.

It took me 2 years to get into Squarepusher, mainly due to my musical ignorance and lack of album exploration but I heard Ultravisitor when it came out, loved Iambic 9 poetry but didnt think much of the rest, 2006 has changed my mind :)

Guest JW Modestburns
Greenways Trajectory

hehe,

a few years back I took a intro level video editing class. For the final project we were supposed to do something "creative" with our own chosen music. I spliced togther greenways tragectory and another track off of selection 16. The vid was just a bunch of stills zooming in and out. I got some odd looks after the video was done, since most people had what was effectivly a family slide show set to some emo music.

P.S. there was another guy who made a video out of pimping in his triped out honda at sears, which really stole the show.

Greenways Trajectory

i still have serious issue with this track, even after all these years. you know, after those inaudible dog tones you're describing... when the beat comes back... not the first sounds that appear but the beat itself - like some chopped up breakbeat...

that fucker always scares the shit outta me. seriously. especially when listening on headphones but even if not. even on moderate loudness. i fuckin always twitch. i just can't figure it out, when it'll start. now i've like developed a phobia so everytime i hear the track i start expecting that moment and then i'm all like "come on come on let's get over with this already oh come on it should be over by now..."

it's horrible.

i had this problem, it irritated no end not knowing when it came back in, but after like a year of listening i can finally tell when its coming back.

i think the problem is that the repeated bouncy tune thing goes on for like 21 repetitions, and your in body timing counter just loses track over that long.

second best squarepusher tune, steinbolt is still about a million light years ahead of any single track ever written by anyone in the entire history of ever for me.

Archived