IGNORED

Requesting VSTi's to make massive pads that make you feel like you are floating on the outter space

Guest stolemb

get this yamcs80_web3.jpg

This is truth.

And about the whole edirol orchestral thing: Are you asking us how to use the different instruments of the orchestral setup? If so you just need to change midi channels. Theres a thing in the upper left corner of the piano roll that let's you change the color of the bars added. That's it.

Guest Idiron

i never understanding the crap surrounding asking for recommendations, people look down their nose as others who want advice in cultural/artistic areas. like 3/4 of this thread luddisms ffs.

yeah, i reckon korg legacy cell is pretty good you can layer together ms-20s, wavestations etc... and isnt actually too bad on cpu... reaktor is also good.

Guest Iain C

Try this: the programmers describe it as being "Designed for Pads , Ambient space sounds and other worldly effects". I used it in the first track on the AAAAAAARGH!!! EP in P168 v3. Its GUI is a bit screwy but also pretty gorgeous.

cygnus310.jpg

Spend an afternoon learning to use it and you'll have lots of fun, I find it often quite tempting to make an ambient track just with two or three instances of this, although it's reasonably CPU-heavy for a free vst. And it is free so you don't have to wrack your conscience about intellectual property theft (ha!)

And seriously, haters grow up!

Alternatively, detune three sawtooth waves and add some chorus :angry:

http://www.krakli.co.uk/cygnus.htm

Guest stolemb

Thanks.

Btw, Athmosphere is from Spectrasonics, which means you can't release music using it if you don't pay the moneys, true? (Im talking about the "And it is free so you don't have to wrack your conscience about intellectual property theft (ha!)" part)

Try this: the programmers describe it as being "Designed for Pads , Ambient space sounds and other worldly effects". I used it in the first track on the AAAAAAARGH!!! EP in P168 v3. Its GUI is a bit screwy but also pretty gorgeous.

cygnus310.jpg

Spend an afternoon learning to use it and you'll have lots of fun, I find it often quite tempting to make an ambient track just with two or three instances of this, although it's reasonably CPU-heavy for a free vst. And it is free so you don't have to wrack your conscience about intellectual property theft (ha!)

i used this on my p168 ep

cygnus310.jpg

I need to download this when I get home. I've been looking for a synth with warm pads.

Guest stolemb
and here's an image of stolemb using that program to do some goddamn saxo

sax_vga.jpg

This is wallpaper right now.

CHIMERA

SUBDUER

VSTATION

ABSYNTH

every other soft synth - just learn how to program your owns sounds, it's not rocket science

Guest Iain C

cygnus310.jpg

I need to download this when I get home. I've been looking for a synth with warm pads.

I don't know if warm's really the word in the BoC/lush filtering sense... huge for sure, haunting definitely, but it's not really "analog style" if that's what you're after. But any fan of pads should try it.

Well, I want to get a warm sound like Underworld or Twerk. I think some of my tracks would sound a lot better if I had some warm pad in the background. Atleast for transitional points.

Komplexor

NI Massive

Waldorf PPG Wave

FM8

Reaktor

Korg Legacy Wavestation

Absynth (i put this last b/c if you are asking this type of question, the learning curve will be steep)

Anything that has oscillators filters and envelopes

Archived