IGNORED

Beastie Boys - The Mix-Up

a new instrumental from those ill Jews:

Following in the tradition of The In Sound From Way Out!, the B-Boys' instrumental excursion from back in the day, Mike D, MCA, and Adrock will now be serving up a platter of entirely new instrumental blissitude.

Set for a June 26 release The Mix-Up will mark the trio's seventh studio endeavor.

For the disc the Boys saddled up their instruments--drums, guitar, and bass--plus enlisted the services of Keyboard Money Mark and percussionist Alfredo Ortiz. The 12 original tracks on the album are all brand new, wordless, sample-less, and scratchless.

The Mix-Up Track Listing:

1. B For My Name

2. 14th St. Break

3. Suco De Tangerina

4. The Gala Event

5. Electric Worm

6. Freaky Hijiki

7. Off The Grid

8. The Rat Cage

9. The Melee

10. Dramastically Different

11. The Cousin Of Death

12. The Kangaroo Ra

Sounds cool, I liked The In Sound, and the collaborators would lead me to believe it's gonna be something latin/funk/groove.

They should drop this and then ride off into the sunset, or at least stop making hiphop albums - every release since Check Your Head has been progressively worse, that last one was downright embarrassing.

I didn't mean they were bad, just that they're getting progressively worse:

5 bungholes <<< hello nasty < ill communication < check your head

hello nasty was good, but

30-40% of it was pure filler, and

twas the album that suddenly turned every fratboy into a beasties fan

I didn't mean they were bad, just that they're getting progressively worse:

5 bungholes <<< hello nasty < ill communication < check your head

hello nasty was good, but

30-40% of it was pure filler, and

twas the album that suddenly turned every fratboy into a beasties fan

naw dude, I think every album except Pauls Boutiques has made fratboys into bboy fans.

Guest Glass Plate
hello nasty was fantastic, what are you talking about?

Hello Nasty was the shit, I still enjoy it.

Guest aron

i am looking forward to hearing this release a lot. i really hope it makes up for their last piece of trash album.

yeah, i been listened to hello nasty a lot recently aswell. i thikn it's right up there with paul's boutique and check your head. the beats on it still sound fresh as fuck, but so old school too. i love it yes

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
a new instrumental from those ill Jews:

Following in the tradition of The In Sound From Way Out!, the B-Boys' instrumental excursion from back in the day, Mike D, MCA, and Adrock will now be serving up a platter of entirely new instrumental blissitude.

Set for a June 26 release The Mix-Up will mark the trio's seventh studio endeavor.

For the disc the Boys saddled up their instruments--drums, guitar, and bass--plus enlisted the services of Keyboard Money Mark and percussionist Alfredo Ortiz. The 12 original tracks on the album are all brand new, wordless, sample-less, and scratchless.

The Mix-Up Track Listing:

1. B For My Name

2. 14th St. Break

3. Suco De Tangerina

4. The Gala Event

5. Electric Worm

6. Freaky Hijiki

7. Off The Grid

8. The Rat Cage

9. The Melee

10. Dramastically Different

11. The Cousin Of Death

12. The Kangaroo Ra

in sound from way out was my favourite for a long time - got the new one now and its really great

damn this one is getting slagged to hell by the critics:

reviews

I really liked In sound from way out and haven't heard this one yet, but will be checking it out nonetheless.

the critics are tards.....its a really great instrumental album, there simply digging up there vintage sound...and hopefully they'l release another license to ill themed album.....I think the music is pretty good and its probobly the best step for the beastie boys at this point

Archived