IGNORED

trackers

Guest dnoyes

I just started using renoise for the first time a couple days after using FL for about a year, and reason for a few years.

Getting up to speed was very frustrating and i almost quit, but after reading and re-reading tutorials and fucking around enough, i think i've finally got the jist of it, and i have to say, making music tracker-style is very addictive, and i think it drastically improves my workflow.

My only complaint about renoise is the whole VST bit. As someone who's never used VST plugins before, i don't know whats good, what to get, what to not get. I end up just fucking around, downloading gigs of plugins and pretending like i know what i'm doing until i have 300 equalizers, 200 of which work, and only 50 of which i can automate in renoise.

All i'm sayin is, coming with a few fully compatible synths wouldnt've hurt.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

renoise has an awesome built-in sampler. use it

Guest Adjective
I just started using renoise for the first time a couple days after using FL for about a year, and reason for a few years.

Getting up to speed was very frustrating and i almost quit, but after reading and re-reading tutorials and fucking around enough, i think i've finally got the jist of it, and i have to say, making music tracker-style is very addictive, and i think it drastically improves my workflow.

My only complaint about renoise is the whole VST bit. As someone who's never used VST plugins before, i don't know whats good, what to get, what to not get. I end up just fucking around, downloading gigs of plugins and pretending like i know what i'm doing until i have 300 equalizers, 200 of which work, and only 50 of which i can automate in renoise.

for VSTi's i recommend

synth1

augur

iblit

the built-in EQ 10 is decent, and automatable via the automation tab

nearly anything editable on a VST is automatable using the Meta device *VstiAutomationDevice

for a free vst limiter try

George Yohng's W1 Limiter VST, a clone of Waves L1

or just use the built-in one.

if you're a pirate type then i like Ozone 3 or Waves L3 for multiband compression

i haven't really tested any freeware multiband effects

and what did you mean by slices, do you mean like in Recycle or do you mean like stacking samples on the same note like in NNXT?

Lemme rephrase,

I want an easier way to make slices, without all the copying and pasting and 09xying

It'd be nice just to take a cut tool, make slice points, and generate a drum kit

Lemme rephrase,

I want an easier way to make slices, without all the copying and pasting and 09xying

It'd be nice just to take a cut tool, make slice points, and generate a drum kit

...or just let the computer do everything for you

in milkytracker you can set sample to ping-pong loop and use 9xx command to start sample playing at the end of the loop and then it will play backwards from end.

for milkytracker effect commands look at fasttracker 2 commands.

trackers are great!

it's so easy to program drum patterns... before it was slow & boring with the mouse, now i move across quickly entering notes with the keyboard. thank god for the E9x "snare rush" effect & the ECx for cutting of notes (simulating a gate effect).

thou i can't completely dish normal sequencers. since i'm working with milkytracker, i have to export every track to wav for vst plugins & etc; but is no problem at all, in fact, i'm quite happy with that; it's like working on layers.

thanks guys for helping me out

Thanks for the reminder. Those new internal FX Devices seem dope

*goes to backstage*''

yea, this update KICKS AZZZZZ. I like how each of the internal fx devices now have presets

Guest Adjective
- Added beat, 09 effect, ms and sample rulers to the sample editor. You can

also auto-snap the selection to those segments now.

beatslicer?

• 2 weeks later...

Archived