IGNORED

Just listened to Farewell Fire all the way through

Dragon

u ppl who think that magic window sux because its jsut silence are dead fucken wrong

tehres stuff going on but u just have to listen for it

I think it should be known that the other side of the Vinyl edition of Geogaddi where Magic Window would be is just a picture of a family and rainbow...

Meaning magic window is not meant to be heard.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
Guest 1969 in the sunshine
Don't ever listen to Vacuum Garden, it'll make you kill yourself I guess

Amen brother. Amen

hahahaha

its the most emotional track on TCH and I never listened to any BOC track more than Farewell Fire...the end before it gets really quite is beyond magic....dunno how they made it

select the last part of a track and click on "fade out".

either that or they walked away from the mic really slowly still playing their instruments :P

Guest musicforairports

wrong forum to be complaining about unconventional music making techniques, besides not every boc song has to have a meaning. I don't think boc are trying to communicate the far away beauty of star nebulas by having a melody fade out for 3 mins.

Guest AOOproductions
I don't think boc are trying to communicate the far away beauty of star nebulas by having a melody fade out for 3 mins.

yes they are you jerk...

I don't think boc are trying to communicate the far away beauty of star nebulas by having a melody fade out for 3 mins.

yes they are you jerk...

LOL!! :teeth:

no but at the end of farewell fire, the last 30 seconds or so, it becomes really dissonant and spooky sounding. Turn it up on real speakers and try it.

theres no more dissonance than in the rest of it, its just the notes are by that point so quiet that your brain doesnt know exactly what to make of the pitch. i think also the effect tails by that point are slightly louder than the note. its exactly the same chords as the rest of it.

Guest streamrunner
wtf? A minute and a half of quite-as-hell tones, with lots and lots of silence at the end. I mean, at least Magic Window had a purpose (moving the length of Geogaddi to 66:06), but is this supposed to be a serious track?

Farewell Fire is an awesome track.

Guest musicforairports
wtf? A minute and a half of quite-as-hell tones, with lots and lots of silence at the end. I mean, at least Magic Window had a purpose (moving the length of Geogaddi to 66:06), but is this supposed to be a serious track?

Farewell Fire is an awesome track.

2nded prob one of the best of the album

• 4 months later...

Is this supposed to be a serious thread?  Don't you think if it was a "joke" track, you probably would have laughed at it?  And is this the only 1'.5" track you have a problem with, out of the fourteen or so others that tagged along at the end of all the other tracks?

Well, anyway, I have this tee-shirt with these four guys on it, and they all have beards and long hair, and one of 'em has glasses, and at the top of the shirt it says:

"Let It Be."

Guest all_purpose_sandpaper
u ppl who think that magic window sux because its jsut silence are dead fucken wrong

I think it should be known that the other side of the Vinyl edition of Geogaddi where Magic Window would be is just a picture of a family and rainbow...

I'm here to report that playing the cd at maximum volume will create a giant fizzy drone from my house speakers combined with faint radio frequency bleed from 3 different stations in the area.

The vinyl creates an aggro ripping sound as the needle finds its way across the grooveless surface, with the finally of making a SPECTACULAR LEAP TO THE CENTER LABEL when it hits the family engraving, which acts like a motorcycle jump!

I'm here to report that playing the cd at maximum volume will create a giant fizzy drone from my house speakers combined with faint radio frequency bleed from 3 different stations in the area.

The vinyl creates an aggro ripping sound as the needle finds its way across the grooveless surface, with the finally of making a SPECTACULAR LEAP TO THE CENTER LABEL when it hits the family engraving, which acts like a motorcycle jump!

this is all true, I tried it and it was lifechangingly awesome but you don't have to take my word for it... levar.jpg

Archived