IGNORED

Dael (Covered By God of the Gaps)

dls

Listen to the clip of dael and tell that there isn't a cut up vocal phrase saying...

You give it away, you get way, way down

All i'm playing is the bass synth line from "Dael" as it evolves throughout the song, with the added the vocal part.

Let me know what you think and i'll share my other covers in the process of recording them.

I'm also working on covers like "Second Scepe" and "Laughing Quarter".

Guest earlgrey

metalb& covers autechre :)

Am downloading now, will give feedback tomorrow (too much study and sleep to do in the meantime).

Thanks for uploading!

It might sound better if it had more layers. The quiet part at the end is the best part bar none. Plus I wasn't crazy about the guitar tone. And the drums need a little more funk.

But cool to here it covered. Second Scepe might be a bit easier, I dunno.

I still am not sure if I am convinced about the you gave it away lyric or whatever. Now that you say it, I can kind of here how it could be construed as you gave it away. But I dunno.

Sounded more like "you give it away, you give it away now" to me, but I also just picked up RHCP's Bloodsugarsexmajick, so that could have some bearing on it. The phrase never really popped out at me before. Now it's going to jump out everytime, hehe. It would be interesting to hear something like this with live drums, especially for some of the more rhythmically complex Ae stuff. My favorite part was the ending.

Guest mrgypsum

the very first bits and last bits are great, but not really too fond of all of the stuff in the middle, too much emotion and attention given to the "lyrics" i think its hardly audible in the original, more focus should be given to the crunchy textures.

Guest earlgrey

I'm impressed! I don't generally get into metal, but this was well done. Actually, it made me think of Nine Inch Nails circa Broken, which is quite fitting given the Trent Reznor/Nothing Records/Autechre link. I had never noticed any vocals at all in Dael, I'll have to go back and listen to it again with that in mind - regardless, I thought your use of vocals was tasteful. Like others have said, my favourite part was the outro with that nice chorusy/reverby guitar and the synth - that might just be my preference for ambient rather than metal showing through though. I might have used something like that outro section as a bridge earlier on as well between two sections of distorted guitar/meaty drums for added dynamics - I think that launching back into the metal sound after an "eye in the storm" would work well dramatically. (compare: 2:47 - 3:35 in NIN's "The Becoming".) (it would mean for a considerably different structure than the AE track, but I don't have a problem with that whatsoever when it comes to covers, and anyway, one is already exercising considerable personal interpretation when doing metal covers of Autechre!)

Anyway, I enjoyed this, and I'd definitely be keen to hear more.

Archived