IGNORED

Visual reconstruction of Aphex @ Melt 2006

Guest tomaswoj

Guest tomaswoj

Im working in my spare time on reconstruction of Aphex Twin @ Melt 2006 gig - in terms of video stuff. Ive collected already around 30% of live footage done by various ppl during that gig (mostly gathered via Youtube :)). But also, as i dont believe im gonna gather 100% of coverage by these means i worked a bit on a method (framework) to recreate somehow the visual mood of that gig.

I managed to work out a simple and efficient way to reconstruct short visual 'videoclips' by:

- recreating 3d scene from existing 2d images (photos) using some tricky methods (like Kang's et.al 2002 Single View Modeling)

- converting beat/sound information (from the bootleg we have available - thanks to this forum!) to textual format, and importing it by custom Blender plugin - to make a scene light rig to be synced with music,

- doing some postprocessing work and rendering in Blender 3d.

Some preliminary results can be seen here:

Please keep in mind, that this particular 30sec clip took about only 2h to prepare (excluding the whole work on developing the framework, plugins, testing the flow, etc.). - if i had another 2h - most probably it would look even more convincing.

With such recreated clips im going to pad the original/live video recordings, to eventually deliver a full 80+ minutes of live visual experience.

Looking forward to your feedback :). Also if you have any clips from that gig - that are not already on youtube - dont hesitate to contribute to this project. Most probably i will setup a small page on this topic soon.

Cheers

tomaswoj

fucking hell mate, that's some seriously involved sounding work.

will have a look at the youtube later, and give you my twopenny worth.

sounds impressive as all hell from your description though.

you might wanna check the download manager here... alexpallas aka CATS uploaded and catalogued a whole bunch of twin stuff recently... not sure what's there, but it might help.

Guest AOOproductions

Wow that is awesome. Good luck. And if you get distracted and decide you want to have a life, instead of recreating a AFX twin concert, well I won't be heart broke.

Archived