IGNORED

Criterion collection

Guest Soothsayer

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest awsbyern
what extras does this have? i have the old anchor bay release and its got fuck all for extras.

there are some good commentaries and some great screen tests (esp the james taylor ones)

• 8 years later...

Any of you still buying a lot of Blu-Rays/DVDs? And/or specifically collecting Criterion releases?

Also there's another (US only) 50% off sale starting tomorrow at Barnes & Noble and the Criterion site. 

(Also US Only) - Is anyone streaming Criterion flix on Filmstruck? The app is kinda shit, but they've got more good stuff than I'd be able to buy outright. 

These are really the last Blu-Rays I buy too. I've recently picked up Mulholland Drive, Rosemary's Baby, Seven Samurai -- and thinking about getting Solaris, Persona and maybe one more during sale. 

I immediately need to watch Dinner With Andre and dowse myself with its look at the world from two 1970s playwrights who knew their shit. Findhorn, seeds and Orwell obsession. Yeah beeeeey.

^^^ but barnes & noble is doing 50% off the entire criterion collection. you're really not going to stop now are you?

http://criterioncast.com/news/the-july-2017-barnes-noble-50-off-criterion-collection-sale-has-begun

Just came home from B&N with 4 more (Solaris, La Notte, L'Avventura and High & Low).

edit - I'm ruined

New titles for October are:

Barry Lyndon

Personal Shopper

Fire Walk With Me

Orson Welles' Othello

edit - 

and The Lure

Definitely planning to get Barry Lyndon and FWWM

I'd be interested in seeing how that Barry Lyndon transfer looks, I have it in the kubrick box set and its a very soft focus looking film. Picked up a couple of criterions in fopp's limited selection, grey gardens and Fisher king. Also grabbed Hardcore, after the great job powerhouse did with Body Double

I'd be interested in seeing how that Barry Lyndon transfer looks, I have it in the kubrick box set and its a very soft focus looking film. Picked up a couple of criterions in fopp's limited selection, grey gardens and Fisher king. Also grabbed Hardcore, after the great job powerhouse did with Body Double

It's criminal 2001 hasn't received an HD CC Edition.

https://www.criterion.com/current/posts/819-2001-a-space-odyssey

Archived