IGNORED

britney spears - blackout

kaini

if this was luke vibert with a guest vocalist, wattumz would be all over it

this is an excellent pop album with cutting-edge production

more like a best-of shit hot producers with a vocalist

poptastic

Guest titsworth_courier

the freescha track sounds like scissor sisters or something (it's supposed to be reminiscent more of donna summers though).

danja murked this album...

Guest Caustic
do my eyes decieve me?

watmm praising a Britney album?

Apparently it's okay for people to like other music.

Madness.

yes but Britney?

fucking Britney?

do my eyes decieve me?

Madness.

yes but Britney?

fucking Britney?

I think it's more appreciation of the musics production. Or maybe they just enjoy it in general? Fun to listen to or something. Think everyone has music that wouldn't be considered 'cool' on here.

Guest nene multiple assgasms
do my eyes decieve me?

Madness.

yes but Britney?

fucking Britney?

LEAVE BRITNEY ALONE!!!!11111111

the last song is really embarrassing though. all day long now i walk about singing "baby baby baby baby baby baby babehhh, baby baby baby baby baby baby babehhh ..." Jeez.

my gf and i listen to this album at least three times a week :undecided:

no amount of 'good' production can change her horrible voice/ only heard the single and the production was nothing special/ jpop productions is 1000x more interesting

The actual music is good, the beats are all catchy. Britney's voice is okay too, it sounds like a fembot but that's probably what the producers were going for. The lyrics kill this album though.

Who the fuck let this woman write her own lyrics? Did anyone check them and realize that every word coming out of Brit Brit's mouth was cheesy as fuck and had no flow at all? Christ, it sounds like the poetry I wrote when I was in the fifth grade, which isn't a stretch because Ms. Spears probably only has a fifth grade education. I could possibly enjoy the album if the lyrics weren't all so terrible.

Guest titsworth_courier

they did... several, actually, including keri hilson on numerous songs (you'll be hearing more from her next year but you heard her this year singing lead on "the way i are")

Guest titsworth_courier

it's funny that for the first 6 years of her recording career we dismissed those factory made vocals and now we want to know all about how it's done. i'm including myself in that, not judging anyone for it. it's really some kind of miracle they worked on this album. the whole autotune/pitch correction thing is definitely "in" this year in pop and r&b.

Autotuners have been raped ever since that Believe song by Cher was released, and it was being used for a while before that, albeit a lot more subtly. It makes me want to throw up in my mouth most of the time, although there are rare instances where it's used artistically for an interesting effect. But for the most part autotuners are just serving to ruin a lot of modern music, especially mainstream rock.

Anyone else see that recent Beatles musical movie with Bono? That was disgusting. Even my girlfriend was appalled at how synthetic the vocals sounded throughout, and she's not a music snob like me.

I listened to most of the first half of this album. The production on the first single is pretty impressive, but the other tracks I heard didn't really stand up to it imo, slick as they are. They did a great job of the vocal doubles... but how could they not? It's so easy to do now. I'll probably check out the rest eventually, but there's just too much tacky shit going on to bring me back for repeated listens. Now the first Gwen Stephani solo album --that's pop gold right there. I can't really stomach what I've heard of her follow up, sad to say. But I serious love the first one she put out. In fact, I think I'll make a point of listening to it again sometime this week.

Archived