• 4. Windowlicker
    • 5. xmd5a
  15. 15. Who will win?

• 3. Rushup I Bank 12
    • 6. Death Fuck
  16. 16. Who will win?

• 2. Fenix Funk 5
    • 7. Last Rushup 10

Well here we are and I must say the matchups are quite immense already! Luckily there was an even split amongst the top 32 tracks so there was no need for a quailying playoff- 54 cymru beats just missed the cut. I've taken the liberty to assemble four divisions very roughly based on style and/or RDJ era. Very roughly mind you, but rest assured the games will be thoroughly compelling throughout the entire duration of the tournament.

If you're not familiar with the format, it's quite simple. The number to the left of the track represents its seed. There are four divisions, each division has seeds 1-8. Seed #1 is the favorite while #8 is the biggest underdog. This is a pretty standard tournament format in almost any discipline of competition, and assures the highest quality matchups as the tracks advance.

Here is the complete bracket--do have a look:

http://www.bracketmaker.com/tmenu.cfm?tid=256912

So for the above poll, all you do is pick one winner from each of the first 16 matches, and that track will advance in the tournament.

The winner of this tournament will earn the honor of greatest RDJ track of all time, indisputable 100% fact.

CAN YOU STAND THE EXCITEMENT???

dude! thats a damn shame - Laughable Butane Bob eleminated so early going up against 4. this format always seemed weird to me even in sports cause you could easily have like a rock/paper/scissors, one is better than the next lined up in a circle kind of thing.

dude! thats a damn shame - Laughable Butane Bob eleminated so early going up against 4. this format always seemed weird to me even in sports cause you could easily have like a rock/paper/scissors, one is better than the next lined up in a circle kind of thing.

I don't follow.

yeah I mean there are going to be 16 really good songs that lose this round. but 4 is probably better than laughable butane bob so it makes sense...

I don't follow.

yeah I mean there are going to be 16 really good songs that lose this round. but 4 is probably better than laughable butane bob so it makes sense...

ok say for instance it was WATMMs official group position that Arched Maid Via RDJ was better than XMD 5A, and XMD 5A was better than Xtal, but Xtal was better than Arched Maid.

because Arched Maid Via RDJ is paired up against XMD 5A in one round and wins, it breaks the cycle chain of which track is better and goes on to play against Xtal later. in the end Xtal comes out the winner without ever having to play XMD 5A which would beat it. (just an example, i don't support that by the way)

i just figure the first round voting was enough to tell you who the winner was.

I don't follow.

ok say for instance it was WATMMs official group position that Arched Maid Via RDJ was better than XMD 5A, and XMD 5A was better than Xtal, but Xtal was better than Arched Maid.

because Arched Maid Via RDJ is paired up against XMD 5A in one round and wins, it breaks the cycle chain of which track is better and goes on to play against Xtal later. in the end Xtal comes out the winner without ever having to play XMD 5A which would beat it. (just an example, i don't support that by the way)

i just figure the first round voting was enough to tell you who the winner was.

that's no fun! what about ticket sales? concessions? preparing for the game? the thrill of competition?

that's no fun! what about ticket sales? concessions? preparing for the game? the thrill of competition?

i mean we could keep the fans coming back by doing a round robin style tournament where everybody eventually has to play everybody. it'd take a lot longer and be more decisive, but it'll keep the seats filled and hot dogs rolling.

that being said i really don't have a huge problem w/ the way it's being done. carry on.

this is quite strange ... i found that incredibly easy - it didnt really require any thought apart from one particular battle which i will have to take a bit more time on....

i imagine the following rounds will be a completely different matter

Haha, looks like I chose the losing pick in almost every round. I'll cry if Xmd5a gets eliminated in the first round, it's my favorite ever AFX track.

Archived