IGNORED

Booking AFX or [ ]pusher

Guest osoloco69

Guest osoloco69

Hello All,

I have been wanting to do a show in atlanta with afx or [ ]pusher for some time, and have had the ability to get investment capitol to produce a show like this. My biggest problem is getting any response from the booking side for either artist. This is also the same problem with trying to book shpongle. If anyone has any help on this matter please let me know.

Thanks.

On the Rephlex web site it _used_ to say this:

booking rephlex disco assault systems inc:-

we get a lot of proposals (thankyou) so please spare the lengthy introductions.

simply contact us with the subject "Rephlex Booking",

containing as much of the following info as poss, as briefly as poss:-

Estimated outbound date / date of gig / date of return =

Performers (Live / DJ ?) =

Country / City / Venue / Capacity / Times =

Please propose a fair fee in £GBP (because we won't!) =

Travel / Accomodation / Catering =

+ any brief additional info =

The subtext being "We will not only let you book Richard D. James, you need to book a rephlex showcase as well"

However its not there anymore.

There is no email address listed for Rephlex anymore but the old one was info@rephlex.com so maybe try that.

However, be warned: they probably can't be arsed to do any gigs

You could try getting in touch with others who have successfully booked them in the past (Bangface?) and ask for some help.

Then again, maybe they've read your offers and they weren't good enough for them? Who knows what they look for when booking a gig. I wish you the best of luck, though. I'd love to see Aphex stateside.

The starting bids for gigs in 08 are at the £40,000 mark

A shame really as he'll only ever play at wanky commercial festivals if at all.

Guest ComputerControlled
Hello All,

I have been wanting to do a show in atlanta with afx or [ ]pusher for some time, and have had the ability to get investment capitol to produce a show like this. My biggest problem is getting any response from the booking side for either artist. This is also the same problem with trying to book shpongle. If anyone has any help on this matter please let me know.

Thanks.

to book both best bet is drop ned a mail at littlebig... ned@littlebig.org.uk

you are going to need a LOT of cash, and a 5,000 capacity venue.

good luck :wink:

Guest blicero
£30 000. (if he agrees)

99.9% chance he will not.

So, for a 2 hour set that works out at £250 per minute. Not bad work if you can get it!

yeah, but how often does he gig?

I'd love to see Aphex stateside.

You've got Bob Hope and No Hope of seeing RDJ stateside. He hates the US like (most of) the rest of the world..

Guest hahathhat

book me to play.

my mpc will spew a panache of dirty drum grooves and samples from the rochester morning news. layers will be constructed via feedback, likely to the consternation of the live engineer, if any. when it is time for the evening to end, i will select patch 22 on my prophet vs, colloquially known as the "motion sickness simulation patch."

cost: $50, expenses, beer

recommnded: a tolerant, strong-stomached custodial staff

Hello All,

I have been wanting to do a show in atlanta with afx or [ ]pusher for some time, and have had the ability to get investment capitol to produce a show like this.

capital...

What happend to your abilty to get investment capital ?

Guest tht! tne

squarepusher's atlanta show on his ultravisitor tour was at the echo lounge

maybe contact them and ask how they managed to swing it

and then let me know when and where the show will be :squarepusher:

what exactly does "Please propose a fair fee in £GBP (because we won't!)" mean?

the price they propose will NOT be fair --or-- they wont even give a price?

it means they won't set a price. it's a good tactic if you're trying to get people to overbid for your services.

• 4 weeks later...
Man, fuck that. $100,000 to smoke hash and play a Winamp playlist? Just to hear about 10 minutes of unreleased material? I hope his GX-1 shorts out and while pressing the buttons, voltage shoots through his body and causes uncontrollable spray diarrhea on all the gear he owns......wtf, I need to go to bed

when i get rich, i'll get rich. i'll have him and aceyalone play the same show for international sinicalypse appreciation day

squarepusher's atlanta show on his ultravisitor tour was at the echo lounge

maybe contact them and ask how they managed to swing it

and then let me know when and where the show will be :squarepusher:

Ah that was an amazing show. Those strobes were the best. My first introduction to Cassetteboy too :) I've got some crappy camera videos floating around somewhere I need to get up on Youtube.

Archived