IGNORED

Now Reading

Guest The Vidiot

still reading neal stephenson's anathem - i've made it my bathroom book, something it's weirdly suited for. seeing as it's basically large chunks of discussion/thought on philosophy/quantum physics/linguistics/orbital mechanics kinda bound together with a few pages of plot development here and there, it actually works great. take a shit, read a little contemplation followed by a little plot...

that being said i headed downtown and read in a beer garden in the sun with a few excellent guinness the other day, and it was wonderful. nearly done now, next up is john fowles' the magus, i reckon.

was thinking about reading The Magus as well, strange...

just finished The Great God Pan by Machen and it freaked me out...

haven't been scared by a book in a long time... :emotawesomepm9:

i read about half of "orange is the new black" by piper kerman. it is the story of a well-to-do white woman's year in federal prison. it's not sensational, and has a lot of quiet respect for the inmates. i enjoyed her humility.

if i ever go to jail i want to go to woman's prison

Yesterday I read De Quincey's Confessions of an English Opium Eater, a nifty little artifact of drug history if nothing else.

Today I shall tackle Barth's Lost in the Funhouse. I also have a copy of Ulysses (Joyce) sitting on my desk looking dauntingly impregnable.

edit: and I keep getting the urge to reread Lloyd Alexander's Taran, Wanderer series. I used to love those as a kid

Edited by doorjamb

I bought Beelzebub's tales to his grandson one year ago. It was recommended to me after a very inspiring talk I've had with a foreign actor. This massive chunk is like squeezing the world into a cardboard box. Very promising though, some stuff is just amazing and that's what keeps me on dwelling through.

read 'In Search of the Miraculous' by P D Ouspensky, the book that Gurdjieff wanted to write but wasn't as a good of a writer as P D, so he had him write it for him.....

I might, thanks. I'm still in search for some scripts called The Lecture on Symbolism by the same author. That piece holds quite interesting points on symbolism between the work of man through history and his supposed spiritual origins. And more. I must get my hands on this somehow...

Guest ruiagnelo

Reading Le Corbusier's Modulor (1 & 2). Most of watmmers don't know Le Corbusier, but he was the most influential architect in the 20th century and modern architecture movement.

It's been years since i don't read a novel or fiction book. Architecture always seems to come first and i can't do anything about it.

Are you retarded?

Are you?

Guest ruiagnelo

I feel retarded trying to say his name....ROOEEAAAHGGGGGUUUNNEELLLLo :crazy:

Your language doesn't allow you to say it in a non retarded way, really.

I feel retarded trying to say his name....ROOEEAAAHGGGGGUUUNNEELLLLo :crazy:

Your language doesn't allow you to say it in a non retarded way, really.

Touche... :emotawesomepm9:

Guest Yegg

Reading Le Corbusier's Modulor (1 & 2). Most of watmmers don't know Le Corbusier, but he was the most influential architect in the 20th century and modern architecture movement.

It's been years since i don't read a novel or fiction book. Architecture always seems to come first and i can't do anything about it.

Are you retarded?

Are you?

Are you?

Are you retarded?

Are you?

Are you?

We R Are Why Are Y Are We?

Guest ruiagnelo

Are you?

You bold what i wrote "he was the most influential architect in the 20th century" like you know something about it and then call me a retarded. Seriously, who the fuck are you?

Dude you aren't the supreme being of the universe in all-things-related-to-architecture, you still continue here above trying to patronize ffs.

Please realise on earth there are people with more knowledge of it than you.

Edited by Philip Glass

Guest ruiagnelo

Dude you aren't the supreme being of the universe in all-things-related-to-architecture, you still continue here above trying to patronize ffs.

Please realise on earth there are people with more knowledge of it than you.

Thank you, but i am aware of that. Maybe you know more than i do, but that is not the question here. I just don't accept being called a retarded like this guy did.

Guest the anonymous forumite

0803294042.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

tolstoy3-765104.jpg

How good is this ? Is it a novel ?

Edited by the anonymous forumite

Guest Yegg

Are you?

You bold what i wrote "he was the most influential architect in the 20th century" like you know something about it and then call me a retarded. Seriously, who the fuck are you?

LOL, whoo the fuck are you to make such a statement? Such a sweeping retarded statement must be accompanied by a retard, no? I think we both know who that retard is.

The Shining - Slow start... REALLY slow start... I hope things get better soon because so far it has taken me about a month to read around 50 pages

finished anathem, which was fucking great. started david mitchell's cloud atlas, which is interesting. i like the way the first part ended mid-sentence.