IGNORED

Now Reading

Guest The Vidiot

The collected fairytales of H C Andersen. Lovely old book I found in a fleamarket, about 110 years old and near mint condition. Might ebay it when I'm done.

The collected fairytales of H C Andersen. Lovely old book I found in a fleamarket, about 110 years old and near mint condition. Might ebay it when I'm done.

Jim!If you do please let me know.

Cheers x atty

Again always doing 1 fiction / 1 non-fiction thingy :

%7BE6E26DC6-536F-45D8-B2D4-DA8FE7C46DD9%7DImg100.jpg

NON-FICTION : The Rest is Noise, Alex Ross. Really fun to read in the subway.

FICTION : 2666, Roberto Bolano. I'm at mid-point of the first part (out of 5). It's fun, but I'm searching for... something out of it

2666_cover.jpg

Went to the library yesterday:

Because it was his birthday and I never read any of his books: Jules Verne Facing the Flag. Well wow.

Besides that the occasional Bukowski, Sibylle Berg-Das Unerfreuliche zuerst and the second book of dune.

I tried to sold an old book (1756). It was worth 100-200€. People who buy this kind of book are looking for illustrations. My book didn't contain any. So i guess your book is probably worth nothing, hélas.

I tried to sold an old book (1756). It was worth 100-200€. People who buy this kind of book are looking for illustrations. My book didn't contain any. So i guess your book is probably worth nothing, hélas.

Mine has something like 60 illustrations.

Currently Reading:

Korea's Place in the Sun

Japan's Orient: Rendering Pasts into History

The Looming Tower

Revolutions and Revolutionary Movements

plus about a thousand pages worth of journal articles on international relations in South Asia.

some day I'll have time for fiction again.....

FICTION : 2666, Roberto Bolano. I'm at mid-point of the first part (out of 5). It's fun, but I'm searching for... something out of it

2666_cover.jpg

i know exactly what you mean but bolano does not deliver that "something" you seek. i find that to be a rather compelling aspect of his books though. the whole of 2666 seems to be emerging out of that "something" or revolving around it without ever removing the veil. makes it much more eerie imo but it can be frustrating too.

enjoying my subscription to Poetry magazine. thanks, mum.

02-2011-Cover-sm.jpg

also, one of my favourite books of poetry:

0871402254.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

fuck the haters. hart fucking crane.