IGNORED

new here, HELLO all... (with a question...)

Guest addictedtopainmeds

Guest addictedtopainmeds

how on earth does a strung out mac user like myself open a flac. file? any help would be greatly appreciated. my sincere gratitude in advance!

Guest addictedtopainmeds
yep - VLC - i got a mac and use this to play flacs.

can this program convert to mp3 or other format that can be burnt on a cd?

Guest SecondaryCell

I use MacFlac (it's freeware):

http://mac.softpedia.com/get/Audio/MacFLAC.shtml

"MacFLAC 2.1.2 - GUI frontend app that is used to encode, decode, and generate fingerprints for FLAC"

It works perfectly for me to encode and decode FLAC files to and from other formats. I've used it under both Panther and Tiger without any problems.

dbpoweramp is a great program for what i understand, just keep in mind that once you convert from flac to mp3, you're losing quality that you wont get back

Guest Kenneth172
u can convert these flacs in wave or mp3 or wma... :angry:

Doesn't that defeat the object of the audio being 'lossless' though?

u can convert these flacs in wave or mp3 or wma... :angry:

Doesn't that defeat the object of the audio being 'lossless' though?

converting flacs into wave, sound ever good

but converting flac into mp3 u compress the sound...

flac is like an archive as .zip or .rar 4 the .wav files (or .wma files in lossless) :angry:

Guest Kenneth172
how on earth does a strung out mac user like myself open a flac. file? any help would be greatly appreciated. my sincere gratitude in advance!

Reed da rulessshhhhh.

Guest addictedtopainmeds

Reed da rulessshhhhh.

about that...read the rules, nothing about converting files. thanks anyway. ;)

Reed da rulessshhhhh.

Gah, there was me thinking an entire thread from a "new" person could happen without this phrase being mentioned. Why not point this out when people actually break the rules and not when they have just signed up and are displaying some common courtesty to the board?

Just a thought.

I use MacFlac (it's freeware):

http://mac.softpedia.com/get/Audio/MacFLAC.shtml

"MacFLAC 2.1.2 - GUI frontend app that is used to encode, decode, and generate fingerprints for FLAC"

It works perfectly for me to encode and decode FLAC files to and from other formats. I've used it under both Panther and Tiger without any problems.

read the rulesssssssss :stuart:

Reed da rulessshhhhh.

Gah, there was me thinking an entire thread from a "new" person could happen without this phrase being mentioned. Why not point this out when people actually break the rules and not when they have just signed up and are displaying some common courtesty to the board?

Just a thought.

read the rules

Guest addictedtopainmeds

Reed da rulessshhhhh.

Just a thought.

read the rules

is there an echo in here?

Reed da rulessshhhhh.

Just a thought.

read the rules

is there an echo in here?

There might be, but you have to read the rules to find out.

Guest Kenneth172

Reed da rulessshhhhh.

Just a thought.

Jazzbanned.

Archived