IGNORED

Glade 2008

b born droid

New website is up.

Some acts confirmed. Autechre are the main ones, and they are on the Overkill stage, not the main stage.

Can't work out how to paste the email I was sent, maybe someone else can do that.

I'm so there.

still not sure about this one. last 3 years have been awesome but going to go to bestival this year and not sure if I can justify 3 festivals...

fuck me, for a brand spanking new 2008 website that is pathetic. shit, is it meant to be themed? example:

the year before the last there was lots of interesting eclectic engaging liveacts. (gabba boxing, countryside alliance, gay against you, 65 days of static!).

last year there were lots of mediocre DJsets. and the sound levels were ridiculously fucking low.

|

|

\/

the website has a DJ mixer - the 'music' knob on the far left is what youde assume to be the master volume given its position. when you hover over it, it cranks up to the max? hint hint

last year it fucking tipped it down and the whole place was waterlogged.

|

|

\/

blue, the colour most associated with water. fucking vertical gradient between grey blue and dark blue? grey clouds, deep pools of fucking water, cmon!

this designer is either a tongue in cheek sod or a weirdly susceptable hack! (i suspect the latter: stoner with a mac). dont mean to put too much on this, but for what should be a glorious bounce back from last year, a crappy css template with photoshop one click cutout effects/flash one click transition effects on a mixer somehow dont inspire confidence.

bloc/bangface weekenders - less psytrance hippies. real beds.

Guest burnibus

went to the first three glades and they are special and have a wicked vibe but i cannot get over the fact that every year they turned the music down to ridiculously low volumes so that people were screaming turn it up through my favourite acts.

there is no excuse for this, regardless of what they say about locals, noise cancelation etc you wouldnt go to sonar or i love techno or monegros festival and hear of the same problem, its loud as you like as it should be cos its a music festival.

I must always just be lucky where I stand (or too far gone to notice) as I've never really had any problems with the sound - oh apart from the vapour tent last year. Even Overkill, after they couldn't use the original tent and all that, I never really had any issue with the sound in there.

Guest burnibus
I must always just be lucky where I stand (or too far gone to notice) as I've never really had any problems with the sound - oh apart from the vapour tent last year. Even Overkill, after they couldn't use the original tent and all that, I never really had any issue with the sound in there.

vics i think you were probably lucky as many many people have had issues with it. When watching tim 2 years ago he got the entire crowd to start singing "louder Louder" because no one could hear. Jason forrest had to turn his monitors round to the crowd to increase the overall volume, people were screaming for it to be louder when ae were on and there is video of this on youtube.

The first year was the best volume wise, well everything wise really, but they didnt have many colume issues just blasted it out all night every night but after that it all went a bit tricky.

Really reluctant to go back this year, as the last one cost me: A tent, sleeping bag, endless clothes, a pair of trainers, a copy of The Origin of Species, lots of money, my girlfriend, my dignity, and my chances of enjoying the summer.

Guest Jac Y Jymper

Yes Yes, will be the fith one here.

Hmmm blue could mean blue sky ya know Idrn?

Look at the wristband situation though, I think it applies in a more scientifical pattern: The 2nd year it was Green (nice grass) 3rd it was blue (blue skies) 4th *cough* brown....

Doubt it can be as brown as last year, but me is one of the people that didn't let it get to them, had one of the best, despite being as wet as. Needless to say my theoretical pet rat didn't drown and my non exsistant girlfiend didn't mind how much i got wasted.

Make the wristband yellow, orange or red, and hope the place doesn't burn down.

Fuck bangface, one night of insanity in that club gives me a strange feeling when thinking of a whole weekend of neorave kids selling me shit mdma for 20 quid a g holding a sign saying "I eat egg for a living" , the whole bed thing is just reason to stay in bed. Let all the pesemistics go bangface and be all warm and secure, *not smoking while raving if it is inside like ATP*, let all the optimitic phytrance hippies not give a fuck rule glade this year, back to year 1 i guess. i'll be smoking a big fat one in a tent, with lush weather outside. Ps. I hate phytrance

Guest Jimbob

I'm about to buy myself a ticket. Hopefully they might be able to bend the sound restrictions this year, and with the numbers capacity apparently reduced a fair bit, i reckon this is likely.

Guest blutac
Really reluctant to go back this year, as the last one cost me: A tent, sleeping bag, endless clothes, a pair of trainers, a copy of The Origin of Species, lots of money, my girlfriend, my dignity, and my chances of enjoying the summer.

Definetly lost my dignity, didn't take a tent so that was alright, lost my shoes at the last Glade, still had a great time.

If she couldn't handle the mud then she wasn't the one for you.

Doubt it can be as brown as last year, but me is one of the people that didn't let it get to them, had one of the best, despite being as wet as.

Aye, me n'all.

Interesting theory about the wristbands - maybe you should put that to them :laughing:

its true! everyone is at one with nature, its gaia theory at work.

when that amount of aligned chakras congregate who knows what can happen - maybe this year everyone can get together in an epic drum circle, concentrate really hard and make a sort sound proof bubble around glade with positive energy! no more sound restriction problems.

its true! everyone is at one with nature, its gaia theory at work.

when that amount of aligned chakras congregate who knows what can happen - maybe this year everyone can get together in an epic drum circle, concentrate really hard and make a sort sound proof bubble around glade with positive energy! no more sound restriction problems.

10x more goth than my altars right here

Archived