IGNORED

Recommend me a similar album to Incunabula

Guest texan whip

Guest texan whip

I've been listening to this quite a bit lately (in between my Quaristice sessions). It's easily the most unusual and unique sounding album in Autechre's discography. I have to say that I simply love it. I have most of the early Artificial Intelligence albums on WARP. I've heard a lot of other early albums by Aphex, Speedy J, U-ziq, etc. I've never really heard anything with quite the same feel and mood as Incunabula. I know it's a long shot but is there anything out there that is similar? I'd appreciate any recommendations.

Guest PusillanimousRex

I know of nothing. Sorry. I'm not saying this merely to be unhelpful, though, but rather to point out how unlikely I believe it is that anything comparable is out there.

Guest endangered betche

Arovane - Icol Diston (closest I can think of)

Isan - Beautronics (slower, but similar)

Mouse On Mars - Instrumentals (warmer and more drawn out, but close)

Definitely second the Bola recommendation.

Guest texan whip

I know it's a bit strange posting an Incunabula related topic amongst the Quaristice frenzy that is happening right now but I thought I'd regress back to what Autechre started off with rather than analyzing their latest album to bits. It's been a while since I played it, and listening to it again yesterday gave me goose bumps to be honest. It's so beautiful.

I have Bola Soup. It's a great album with a similar feel, probably the closest I have to Incunabula. Also the early Arovane stuff. I quite like the dark, ambient melodies of these albums. I find Incunablua to be a bit less contrived and straight to the point. I never really liked LFO in all honesty. I guess that early 90's sound is hard to find in modern day works as all the suggestions understandably refer to older stuff. I'm not that familiar with Isan so I did a quick youtube search - I kind of see what you mean with statement. I might look into their albums more.

Keep up the suggestions as I hope someone has the answer (if there is one).

BTW beavis 14996, Artificial Intelligence is a series of albums by Warp Records released in the early 1990's to exhibit the capabilities and sounds of electronic music on the label at the time. It was supposed to be listened to as opposed to danced to. Ah, the innocence of kids today eh?! ;)

Guest TheSlicker
Beaumont Hannant - Texturology

yeah ! Beaumont sound similar to early autechre stuff ! Listen also Sculptured and Texturology Second Version.

Try Proem albums too.

Beaumont Hannant - Texturology

yeah ! Beaumont sound similar to early autechre stuff ! Listen also Sculptured and Texturology Second Version.

Try Proem albums too.

Guest PusillanimousRex
BTW beavis 14996, Artificial Intelligence is a series of albums by Warp Records released in the early 1990's to exhibit the capabilities and sounds of electronic music on the label at the time. It was supposed to be listened to as opposed to danced to. Ah, the innocence of kids today eh?! ;)

I don't believe this was meant as a question in that sense, I think he was just pointing out the obvious.

One day I'll get into this album properly. But I have to agree that it's hard to think other similar records. Bola certainly makes a lot of sense, aside from his albums being amazing in their own right.

Guest texan whip

Thanks for the suggestions folks. I am looking into Texturology and other Beaumont Hannant, but it's proving hard to find. I've also got The Philosophy Of Sound And Machine which I enjoy.

Guest texan whip

I managed to DL both the Texturology albums (20tracks) and am loving it, so whoever suggested his stuff thanks for the heads up. I wonder what become of Beaumont Hannant anyway?

Guest moo duck
I have that. Great album but doesn't sound even a little like Incunabula lol wtf?

lol i think it sounds a little like incunabula, more than say Bola. similar ideas lol

Archived