IGNORED

Four Tet - Ringer

From Señor Tet's webpage:

Four%20Tet_vin_196.jpg

The new Four Tet release "Ringer" is to be released on the 21st April (May 6th in North America). Track listing is:

1. Ringer (9:58)

2. Ribbons (5:21)

3. Swimmer (8:43)

4. Wing body wing (7:27)

It will be available on cd, 12" double pack and download.

There will be a couple of shows around the release and I'm booking lots of DJ dates at the moment so keep at eye on the live page of this website. I'll try and get some of this new music up on my myspace soon so you can check it out.

In further news I think the remix I did for Thom Yorke is about to get a vinyl release so look out for that. And I've just finished a remix for Born Ruffians for Warp records... not sure when that's due out though.

I'm also just back from New York where I've been recording a new album with Steve Reid that will be released later this year.

Really looking forward to this as his recent stuff has been ace (Everything Ecstatic, Exchange Sessions, DJ-Kicks) - exception being Tongues which was kinda meh.

I've been listening to it for a week now, nice direction..... but the thing is, since I saw him live with steve reich, I really don't like him, I just imagine him moving his haircut and his little ass while know twiddling, and it's pissing me off... he should jusy made some more beth orthon remixes... I really liked rounds, it was good and accesible for everyone, in the good way... But his lattest release are boring... This is rather good though, if only I could get pass the "mass of hair and booty" moving image... ;)

I've been listening to it for a week now, nice direction..... but the thing is, since I saw him live with steve reich, I really don't like him, I just imagine him moving his haircut and his little ass while know twiddling, and it's pissing me off... he should jusy made some more beth orthon remixes... I really liked rounds, it was good and accesible for everyone, in the good way... But his lattest release are boring... This is rather good though, if only I could get pass the "mass of hair and booty" moving image... ;)

Aside from those unfortunate live show images, I'm going to have to respectfully disagree here, the Beth Orton remixes + the "accessibility" of Pause and Rounds are what got him unfairly pigeonholed as folktronica. He's managed to shake this tag with his output since, building on the entire body of his influences (check the DJ Kicks comp) whilst remaining distinctively four tet; I've found them anything but boring! Who cares if he lost a few fans from the indie set, the Madvillain remixes were dope!

The title track is fantastic. I'll be reviewing this.

I'm really liking Ringer also!

Guest Glass Plate

I'll hopefully check this out when I get home from work. I wish he'd just keep doing long improv sessions with steve reid.

Guest awkward

so how is it different from the last album? i must have lost interest somewhere because i was a huge fan until....well i thought i still was but guess not. where can i hear this?

• 2 weeks later...

i'm looking forward to this, rounds, pause and even everything ecstatic were great albums, but....

i also went off him after seeing him live a couple of times, just pressing play and tweaking all his nice recorded stuff into unlistenable shite with audiomulch every 30 fuckin seconds.

saw him with steve ried aswell and wasn't into it. i haven't heard any of tongues at all... anyone rate it?

this release will need to be really good to make me want to pay to see him again and stare at this for an hour.

450px-Four_Tet_2004-04-04.jpg

but i'll happily dance my ass off to it at home in my pants.

Guest Moebius

I've kinda fallen off the Four Tet bandwagon, but I suppose I should check this out.

(heh, that's my photo btw)

Guest awkward

this is pretty terrible. the drum machines are awful sounds and using them so banally is a crime. fourtet went shit. it still has some fourtet magic (i can just hear it) but mostly this is shit.

i liked this. not at first, but left it in the car multichanger (as you do) and stuck with it. It has that thing with Hebden... deceptively basic and simple sounding and badly programmed... but then it's not really. Something about it. To be digged.

i love this. fucking LOVE it.

it is exactly the direction i wanted mr hebden to go in. there was always a can-ish or neu-ish element to his stuff, but he positively wallows in the motorik groove on this one. damn it's good.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest margaret thatcher

yeah, heard the title track on beatsinspace.net and it's sweet. i might even buy it. maybe.

• 6 months later...
Guest Glass Plate

I feel you guys are expecting four tet too much, causing you be total dicks. If you take the time to forget about folktronica, and just listen to it a few times, you MIGHT like it. I hated it at first too, but I went through it a few more times, and it's pretty cool. Just a little late. It almost pushes it's genre, but no one really cares any more. I'm also a bit dissapointed with the new Kieran Hedban and Steve Reid. (NYC) The first to exchange sessions where killer, and the rest of this is just not the same. Though NYC is definitely better than Tongues, and I do enjoy it to a certain extent I just really want more of the exchange style, I feel like that was more genre/performance pushing.

Archived