IGNORED

SAW1 Digitally Remastered Edition CD

Guest Kibreg

Guest Kibreg

just saw this over at boomkat

i knew about the vinyl R&S remasters in 2006 but hadn't seen this. perhaps the classics remaster will come to cd as well...

Finally. I got the remastered vinyl and thought that it showed potential, but that the pressing was shit. Same goes for Classics... I'll wait for a FLAC rip..

does it really need a remastering though? i didn't really hear a noticeable difference on the remastered vinyl. i'm still curious to compare the cd version with the original

i was looking at this the other day, doesn't seem to sound too different from the samples i heard. i agree that it doesn't need remastering though, the tape dropouts and such make it awesome!

does it really need a remastering though? i didn't really hear a noticeable difference on the remastered vinyl. i'm still curious to compare the cd version with the original

what? i got the vinyls Selected Ambient Works 85-92 & Classics Remastered 2006 & they sound better than the old vinyls & the cds with the same names!!! Have u listened these remastered???!!??? i'm bad hearing by born but when i play them loud i hear the difference!!! sorry :angry:

Guest Needlenose

I have the Classics remaster on vinyl still sealed. I really want to listen to it but I probably shouldn't open it.

Or should I?

I have the Classics remaster on vinyl still sealed. I really want to listen to it but I probably shouldn't open it.

Or should I?

Even the old classics are not that valuable, except the aqua blue pressing, but either way... buy another copy, then listen to that; or wait till someone else does a high quality rip of it

i'd be interested in remastered versions of xtal & tha

are you supposed to be able to hear the echoing of the 'bouncy' sound in Tha (only happens in some parts iirc)

Guest PWSTEAL

Why would anyone even remaster SAW? The Quality of that album is just fine.

Actualy, now that I think about it, Why remaster anything from Aphex Twin?

Guest Helper ET

so I assume this is another prick punk release by R & S without the consent of Richard right?

pricks...

Guest ataraxy2
Personally, I like the mangled-by-a-cat-ness of SAW85-92.

If that is true then I'm surprised it sounds so good (tape of mine has been mangled by a cat and simply did not live). I love this hiss it actually adds to it all.

Guest Kenneth172
Why would anyone even remaster SAW? The Quality of that album is just fine.

Actualy, now that I think about it, Why remaster anything from Aphex Twin?

Cos the quality of the old vinyl is inferior.

Guest Kenneth172

i knew about the vinyl R&S remasters in 2006 but hadn't seen this. perhaps the classics remaster will come to cd as well...

Why would the CD need re-mastering? R&S remastered the vinyl cos the original vinyl recording was inferior and as we all know the sound quality of vinyl deteriorates over time.

Why would the CD need re-mastering? R&S remastered the vinyl cos the original vinyl recording was inferior and as we all know the sound quality of vinyl deteriorates over time.

except if u didn't use this vinyl or use well the vinyls with the diamond (2 play vinyl), yes if u change it all 2 months each time... no pb!

I bought this today in my local record store, and to be honest I can't notice a massive difference in sound quality. It sounds a little cleaner here and there.

Guest Kibreg

listened with some good headphones and I hear quite a diff. this cd remaster is cleaner (more than anything), a bit louder but still retains all the warm fuzzy. it by no means sound cold. the diff layers are just clearer.

good purchase :)

Archived