IGNORED

Live in TO (Lee's Palace)

Root5

I got there in time for the end of Massonix, and I was seriously under-impressed. It just sounded like straight forward beats, and audio clips of drunk brits to me. Then Rob Hall started playing, and he was awesome. The only thing I recognized was A2 (on A1-D1 by Gescom).

Autechre started playing at 12 sharp. All the lights went out. The Autechre set sounded almost twice as loud as Rob Hall. I was in the middle of the club, and every bass-hit felt like it was jiggling the organs inside my chest. People around me put in earplugs.

What was really weird, when Autechre started playing, everyone stopped dancing. People in the mosh pit were swaying gently, and everyone else was just standing strait with their heads up, taking in the music. There were two or three people dancing in isolation, and it must have been really awkward for them.

In the first pause, some big guy with a giant greasy black neck-beard yelled out "Tri Repetae!" I don't know what he was hoping for when he yelled that. Did he want Autechre to just scrap the set and play the Tri Repetae CD? wtf?

Very little of it was recognizable from any of their albums. They played the live version of IO, without the voice, and with the melody drifting in and out. Pretty much, it was incredible. Way better than the recorded sets that appear on the internet. I'd recommend it to anyone.

I got a A u techr e, t-shirt, for fan-boy cred. At the end, some drunk chick asked "Can someone tell me who was playing?" and all the autechre nerds yelled at her scornfully for not knowing shit about music.

Guest moo duck
In the first pause, some big guy with a giant greasy black neck-beard yelled out "Tri Repetae!" I don't know what he was hoping for when he yelled that. Did he want Autechre to just scrap the set and play the Tri Repetae CD? wtf?

TRY REPEAT AE

Guest kerouac78

I was at the show in TO as well. Killer set by AE and it was my first time seeing them live...

Massonix wasnt anything special, kinda boring, in fact Im VERY disappointed that SND didnt continue on the tour here in N. America. They are really up there for me in terms of my fave electronic artists...if not my favourite. I think they would have givin us more bang for the buck over here. Also, for anyone interested, their new 12"s called "4,5,6" were released on Boomkat a couple of days ago and sold out in a day!! The wankers only pressed 300 copies, so I sent an email to Rob asking if they would release them in mp3/flac. He says he's received tons of emails over the past week from all over asking the same thing...the last thing he wrote was he'll talk with matt and they'll "work something out". TAKE THE FUCKIN HINT FROM YOUR FANS....

As for the comment about the dancing...he's totally right. The dancing stopped immedietely after they went on which is really weird considering their set is very 4/4 based and very easy to dance too. I went absolute apeshit throughtout the entire set (I was the guy standing beside the left monitors in the light shirt for those who where there). One of the "isolated ones". And I was dead sober since I had to drive...so there is no excuse for non-dancing!! To bad there was only 5 of us in a crowd of hundreds who bothered...bunch of snobby Torontonian pussies....

I definitely saw you, 78. I was the guy standing right behind the mosh pit with my arms spread and my head to the ceiling. (I guess that makes me a snobby Torontonian pussy)

I was fine with just listening, and I guess everyone else was too. But the set was really dancable; I can't figure out why the mosh pit seemed to be full of gently swaying grass (that's what it looked like in the dark).

I was at the show in TO as well. Killer set by AE and it was my first time seeing them live...

Massonix wasnt anything special, kinda boring, in fact Im VERY disappointed that SND didnt continue on the tour here in N. America. They are really up there for me in terms of my fave electronic artists...if not my favourite. I think they would have givin us more bang for the buck over here. Also, for anyone interested, their new 12"s called "4,5,6" were released on Boomkat a couple of days ago and sold out in a day!! The wankers only pressed 300 copies, so I sent an email to Rob asking if they would release them in mp3/flac. He says he's received tons of emails over the past week from all over asking the same thing...the last thing he wrote was he'll talk with matt and they'll "work something out". TAKE THE FUCKIN HINT FROM YOUR FANS....

As for the comment about the dancing...he's totally right. The dancing stopped immedietely after they went on which is really weird considering their set is very 4/4 based and very easy to dance too. I went absolute apeshit throughtout the entire set (I was the guy standing beside the left monitors in the light shirt for those who where there). One of the "isolated ones". And I was dead sober since I had to drive...so there is no excuse for non-dancing!! To bad there was only 5 of us in a crowd of hundreds who bothered...bunch of snobby Torontonian pussies....

im pretty surprised people in Toronto generally didnt dance to that autechre set, one of my most fun and entertaining shows ive played at was in a tiny bar in downtown toronto and it seemed like everybody in the place was willing to dance, it was an extreme contrast compared tow hat i usually see in america(we're talking about canada here right?)

Guest analogue wings

LOL I don't give a fuck if noone else is dancing. I fucking paid for it, I'll fucking dance to it.

LOL I don't give a fuck if noone else is dancing. I fucking paid for it, I'll fucking dance to it.

does it not effect your perception of the show any differently? for me it definitly enahcnes the show by making me feel like the entire audience is directly interacting with the music and performers. If too many people stand around,i can still have a great time but i always feel like it increases the overall pleasure of a show if everybody is visibly freaking out because of the music.

Montreal show : typical of the AE tour. Dense and textured. I prefered the 2005 tour, as this was perhaps too much textured to appreciate as a single 1-hour show. The massive bass hid stuff out of the mix.

Massonix was there just to make us appreciate AE even more ;)

THere was a guy in a Jedi robe and sandals (with socks) dancing just near me.

LOL, I just heard this in the sound recording, haha, EPIC! :) It's nice to have this captured on mp3.

downloading.

According to xlt this is the best sounding recording yet.

yeah im personally not in agreement, first off the recording is very off center for a good portion of the first half. it sounds like he was standing somewhere on the left side of the stage and he is definitely farther back from the speakers than the LA recording

(thus creating a much more reverbed/washed out less clean imo sound). Its possible a higher quality recorder was used (seems the bass is louder and more heavy), but it kind of cancels itself out because of the other factors i just mentioned

LOL, I just heard this in the sound recording, haha, EPIC! :) It's nice to have this captured on mp3. (

sound excerpt)

trirepetae.jpg

trirepetae.mp3

LOL, I just heard this in the sound recording, haha, EPIC! :) It's nice to have this captured on mp3. (

sound excerpt)

trirepetae.jpg

That actually looks a lot like him, only he had darker hair, he was greasier, and he was overall was Spartan

Guest cheesechoker

Thanks loads for this, I was there and appreciate the chance to hear Tri Repetae guy again.

Also: I thought Massonix was OK. Or at least entertaining -- I really wasn't expecting the soprano (?) saxophone move.

http://sharebee.com/2d543d11

Don't know about the quality but a recording's a recording.

great to hear this live set so thanks to the recorderer!

I'm big on dancing - though its been a while - but i'd probably have swayed to this one with lots of head-knocking.

i love live recordings!

Roll on bangface

thanks for the recording, i'll up it when i get the chance. if you have a lossless version pass that along as well

thanks for the recording, i'll up it when i get the chance. if you have a lossless version pass that along as well

I've received the flac yesterday of the original recording. I'm in progress of remastering this file like I did on the LA set. I will provide the high quality lame v0 mp3 availabe through mediafire as soon as the remastering is finished.

CATS, are you interested in making these remastered files available in the download manager as well?

---

The first one I did:

2008-04-04 - usa-california-los angeles - echoplex (remastered by fredd-e v2).mp3 (88.76 MB)

I've received the flac yesterday of the original recording. I'm in progress of remastering this file like I did on the LA set. I will provide the high quality lame v0 mp3 availabe through mediafire as soon as the remastering is finished.

CATS, are you interested in making these remastered files available in the download manager as well?

---

The first one I did:

2008-04-04 - usa-california-los angeles - echoplex (remastered by fredd-e v2).mp3 (88.76 MB)

yes i am, but only when i get the originals up first to differentiate. my primary goal is always to a wav/flac of the original for archiving and everything else is sugar and spice.

I've received the flac yesterday of the original recording

can i has this?

funny-pictures-cat-scratches-post.jpg

1. 2008-04-12 - can-ontario-toronto - lee's palace.part1.rar (85.83 MB)
  2. 2008-04-12 - can-ontario-toronto - lee's palace.part2.rar (85.83 MB)
  3. 2008-04-12 - can-ontario-toronto - lee's palace.part3.rar (85.83 MB)
  4. 2008-04-12 - can-ontario-toronto - lee's palace.part4.rar (73.57 MB)
download here

The sound is obviously not as great as my remastering. You should download both at the link above and hear the difference.

Archived