IGNORED

Live in TO (Lee's Palace)

Root5

if you remastered the flac why did you render to mp3? is it too late to go back and render to wav/flac?

Obviously I also have the remastered file in flac. But Rook for example wanted everything in mp3 for convenience.

And, trust me, you don't hear the difference in a lame v0 mp3 and the flac. Especially not because the source itself lacks the uber quality which would've justified using flac encoding.

I bet you can't hear the difference on a blind test between v0 (alt preset extreme) and flac either on any music. Unless you've got ultrasonic ears and perfect high quality and highly professional listening equipment. ;) So I don't really see the use for a flac in this occasion.

i took a look at the flac in spectral analysis and there's really no high frequencies to be missed.

as far as your mp3 vs flac challenge, i'm willing to bet you're right the majority of the time, but try to abx me with merzbow and your theory will fall flat on its face.

i took a look at the flac in spectral analysis and there's really no high frequencies to be missed.
Exactly. That's why I also think a .flac is not really useful in this case. It's overkill because there is no actual high frequency present in the original source, so the mp3 cutoff will not have a negative impact. ;)

as far as your mp3 vs flac challenge, i'm willing to bet you're right the majority of the time, but try to abx me with merzbow and your theory will fall flat on its face.

ok, but I happen to listen music, not noize! ;) so it could be that Merzbow uses a gazillion of high frequencies which shouldn't be cut off by the mp3 algorithm and hence this music will indeed have benefits from a lossless rip. But only if and only if your ears are still capable of picking up those high frequencies...

subtract the LAME signals from the lossless source and there is plenty to be heard. with the "i cant tell the difference" argument, you can use that to incremently reduce the quality to near nothing.

subtract the LAME signals from the lossless source and there is plenty to be heard. with the "i cant tell the difference" argument, you can use that to incremently reduce the quality to near nothing.

I use Adobe Audition as an audio editor. Is it even possible to do this, and how? I've got no experience with this, but I think it should be rather simple to do?

I use Adobe Audition as an audio editor. Is it even possible to do this, and how? I've got no experience with this, but I think it should be rather simple to do?

i've never tried, but when you use lossy formats you obviously lose signal. the biggest argument with the lossy supporters is that you dont notice the signal loss readily, yet even on a decent set of speakers the highest frequencies of a 44.1 signal are audible.

the 20khz signal is .5khz lower than the highest frequency redbook cds can accomplish

http://www.rhintek.com/tutorial/Frequency/index.php

The remastered version of the LA set sounds better I think. Still a good recording though.

when can i find this?

when? now

where? over here (look for: 2008-04-04 - usa-california-los angeles - echoplex (remastered by fredd-e v2).mp3)

lol just read the review in NOW:

Sat, Apr 12

AUTECHRE at Lee’s Palace Rating: NN

By the time opening DJ Rob Hall stepped up to his laptop, most of Lee’s Palace was already packed with revellers (many, I’m certain, high on psychotropic drugs) chatting loudly, impatient to see one of the only decent acts to survive 90s electronica. Despite the obvious anticipation, there wasn’t much to “see” during Autechre’s set.

When the Manchester duo finally began, most of the lights were systematically killed, further obscuring the already difficult-to-see stage. By neutralizing virtually all visual or dynamic aspects of their live performance, Autechre forced the audience to concentrate solely on their sonic output. While they did produce the odd impressive moment, their experimental techno too often sounded like disorganized Daft Punk, lacking strong melodies and climactic moments.

Playing in total darkness – and by “playing” I mean tweaking knobs and maybe bobbing their heads a little – Autechre ultimately failed to produce a memorable experience.

"While they did produce the odd impressive moment, their experimental techno too often sounded like disorganized Daft Punk, lacking strong melodies and climactic moments."

lol, they need to stop sending people that have obviously never heard of Autechre before the show.

"While they did produce the odd impressive moment, their experimental techno too often sounded like disorganized Daft Punk, lacking strong melodies and climactic moments."

lol, they need to stop sending people that have obviously never heard of Autechre before the show.

how embarassing

some people swear daft punk and tiesto are the best thing that ever happened to electronic music

Guest Goum Le Chat

Daft Punk did good stuff, ok, but imho, except Homework wich is a classic dance album, it's good music but nothing revolutionary.

Guest Enter a new display name

how embarassing

some people swear daft punk and tiesto are the best thing that ever happened to electronic music

Then you ask for trance recommendations on the General Banter, lol.

their experimental techno too often sounded like disorganized Daft Punk, lacking strong melodies and climactic moments.

wow so basically at the end oif this review the guy basically said

'i have horribly limited knowledge of electronic music and i actually consider a shit flashy band who spends 90% of their energy on robot costumes and pyramids more impressive than one of the only forward thinking electronica groups in existence right now'

Guest cheesechoker

The girl from :03 to :09 -- It sounds like she yells "Have my babies" and then "I wanna bang you in the bum".

Errr

I got there in time for the end of Massonix, and I was seriously under-impressed. It just sounded like straight forward beats, and audio clips of drunk brits to me. Then Rob Hall started playing, and he was awesome. The only thing I recognized was A2 (on A1-D1 by Gescom).

Autechre started playing at 12 sharp. All the lights went out. The Autechre set sounded almost twice as loud as Rob Hall. I was in the middle of the club, and every bass-hit felt like it was jiggling the organs inside my chest. People around me put in earplugs.

What was really weird, when Autechre started playing, everyone stopped dancing. People in the mosh pit were swaying gently, and everyone else was just standing strait with their heads up, taking in the music. There were two or three people dancing in isolation, and it must have been really awkward for them.

In the first pause, some big guy with a giant greasy black neck-beard yelled out "Tri Repetae!" I don't know what he was hoping for when he yelled that. Did he want Autechre to just scrap the set and play the Tri Repetae CD? wtf?

Very little of it was recognizable from any of their albums. They played the live version of IO, without the voice, and with the melody drifting in and out. Pretty much, it was incredible. Way better than the recorded sets that appear on the internet. I'd recommend it to anyone.

I got a A u techr e, t-shirt, for fan-boy cred. At the end, some drunk chick asked "Can someone tell me who was playing?" and all the autechre nerds yelled at her scornfully for not knowing shit about music.

I was standing right next to the soundboard and although I didn't see the guy who screamed, it sounded like he was right above me. Very lame. Like screaming "PLAY FREE BIRD!!!" I was ultra high and that ripped me out of my little trance.

It also seemed to be hotter than the surface of most suns in there.

did anybody encounter me at the montreal show? i was the guy who was high as fuck on e and i asked about HALF of the people what boards of canada song was playing and then i went back around and told everyone it was hi skores!!!!

that show was really hot, i had to sit at the bar in the back to avoid overheating

I was standing right next to the soundboard and although I didn't see the guy who screamed, it sounded like he was right above me. Very lame. Like screaming "PLAY FREE BIRD!!!" I was ultra high and that ripped me out of my little trance.

I assume you were to the right of the soundboard, then. I was the shortish guy right in front of the soundboard w/ the gray jacket.

Lol, the Tri Repetae guy is probably reading this. If you are, post pictures of yourself, so we can photoshop w/ it.

I assume you were to the right of the soundboard, then. I was the shortish guy right in front of the soundboard w/ the gray jacket.

Lol, the Tri Repetae guy is probably reading this. If you are, post pictures of yourself, so we can photoshop w/ it.

I was standing to the left of the soundboard, if you are facing the stage. I was basically blocking the sound guy's path of exit, to which I am sure he was pleased. I was likely pretty glassy eyed since I was trippin' balls. Two people I vaguely know through a friend were booted from the place for trying to do blow in the washroom before the show even started. Waste of some good tickets and possibly decent coke.

Any chance of the flacs please CATS or Fredd-E?

Uhm, I'll have to look when I'm at home.

PS: The flac of the original source recording is already available here. My remastered version is also there, but "only" in lame mp3 v0 quality. A flac of the remastered is, imho, overkill.

In the first pause, some big guy with a giant greasy black neck-beard yelled out "Tri Repetae!" I don't know what he was hoping for when he yelled that. Did he want Autechre to just scrap the set and play the Tri Repetae CD? wtf?

LOL, I just heard this in the sound recording, haha, EPIC! :) It's nice to have this captured on mp3. (

sound excerpt)

trirepetae.jpg

this is awesome!!! triiii repetaaaaeeeeeeee!!!!!!!

Archived