IGNORED

drukqs

Guest the televisor

Guest mrcopyandpaste

You dont get to know get to know my point. Im not going to satisfy you with another tap of the F5 key. Someone else might be able to help.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply
did anyone notice they used omgyjya switch7 in the film Children of Men?? Where michael cain turns on a stereo and says, 'lets listen to some zen music' hhaa

its omgyjya switch7 with shouting played over it

How the hell is anyone supposed to notice Omgyjya Switch7? It's so subtle and understated, it should have been on the 'No Country for Old Men' soundtrack.

did anyone notice they used omgyjya switch7 in the film Children of Men?? Where michael cain turns on a stereo and says, 'lets listen to some zen music' hhaa

How the hell is anyone supposed to notice Omgyjya Switch7? It's so subtle and understated, it should have been on the 'No Country for Old Men' soundtrack.

lol yeah i hardly notice the really hard section towards the end.. or something

O children r r future, your humor tickles the heart!

Guest Pete is your friend
To me it is his masterpiece... and if it's his last official "Aphex Twin" album, then hey... he went out on a pretty fucking good note.

I thought it was also funy when Squarepusher released ultravistor and it had all the little interludes, and I was like... hmmm crazy detailed tracks and random interludes in between, wonder where he got this idea??? BTW Ultravistor is amazing in it's own right, but it's no Drukqs.

as far as i can remember squarepusher has been doing interludes or excerpts w/e the fuck you wanna call them since Big Loada, although he went a bit overboard on Selection Sixteen. every other song is 30 secs - 1 min.

Perfect example on selection 16 - always loved that live acoustic sound of Yo blending right into WAOOHHHHH of the bass on Mind Rubbers

But this isn't about sqaurrepusheer its about Drukqs and the only tracks i forward through are Gwarek2, Aussois, Bit4.

Guest Kenneth172
as far as i can remember squarepusher has been doing interludes or excerpts w/e the fuck you wanna call them since Big Loada, although he went a bit overboard on Selection Sixteen. every other song is 30 secs - 1 min.

Interludes have existed long before Aphex. Life is one big interlude.

Guest aphexvancouver

Gwely Mermans is one of the standout tracks on the album. Its haunting and ominous IMO.

Love it.

Yeah, I've been listening to Gwely Mernans a lot lately. When I first heard the WARP sample, I hated it. And the graph made it look like the whole track was just the loop at the start. But it's actually a very effective track. It's so haunting and claustrophobic, it makes you feel like you're going to burn to death while trapped inside a cave, but you still can't see a thing because it's so dark.

As for the overall flow of Drukqs, I don't think it flows very well, nor is it meant to. But I think getting material released is the important thing, whether the tracks flow properly or not. Boards of Canada worry a lot about getting the overall flow right on their albums, and they can literally spend months just trying to get the tracks to flow the way they want them to. As a result, they rarely get new albums released, causing a lot of fans to complain about the lack of new material (and it doesn't help when your music is full of subliminal messages). For a short time, there was actually more unreleased, online BoC than the material they had released publicly!

And if an album flows perfectly, and is very long, that can be a problem. I've heard of people who will only listen to Geogaddi all the way through, because it flows so well, and this stops them from being able to listen to it often.

There are some amazing tracks on Drukqs, and I am grateful for it. And the piano tracks make it very unique.

Guest Kenneth172

Equally Aphex undoubtedly has stacks of unreleased tracks. As for BoC worrying about getting the flow right, it's not as though Aphex doesn't give a toss. The tracks are split up for a reason, the piano tracks clearly juxtapose the electronic tracks.

Some of the interludes *could be* a rip-off of other people's ideas, I'm not saying they categorically are. I sent a tape to Rephlex a long time ago that had uncannily similar interludes on there that I recorded in about 1992/93. The resemblence is scarily similar if you listened to them back to back. There is one track on Drukqs where the percussion is uncannily similar to a track on a demo I sent to Rephlex years before Drukqs was released. I can't say for certain if it's plagiarism or not, but all I know is the similarity scares me.

I sent a tape to Rephlex a long time ago that had uncannily similar interludes on there that I recorded in about 1992/93.

WHAT?? :omg:

Are you serious?

Guest Kenneth172

Definitely serious. I've sent a few demo's to Rephlex in the past, never got anywhere with getting anything released. I remember when I got hold of the Select Secret Tapes cassette back in '94 and listened to 'Phlid' and couldn't get over the resemblence to another track I'd done which lo' and behold was on a demo tape that went to Rephlex. I'd also done tracks that sounded like stuff on SAWII long before that came out and they were recorded onto normal audio cassettes.

Guest Pete is your friend
Equally Aphex undoubtedly has stacks of unreleased tracks. As for BoC worrying about getting the flow right, it's not as though Aphex doesn't give a toss. The tracks are split up for a reason, the piano tracks clearly juxtapose the electronic tracks.

Some of the interludes *could be* a rip-off of other people's ideas, I'm not saying they categorically are. I sent a tape to Rephlex a long time ago that had uncannily similar interludes on there that I recorded in about 1992/93. The resemblence is scarily similar if you listened to them back to back. There is one track on Drukqs where the percussion is uncannily similar to a track on a demo I sent to Rephlex years before Drukqs was released. I can't say for certain if it's plagiarism or not, but all I know is the similarity scares me.

m p 3 s

Archived