IGNORED

Should We Bring Back the YLC Subforum?

Joyrex

The YLC Subforum - Yay or Nay  

58 members have voted

1. 1. Should We Bring Back The YLC Subforum?

• Yes, was nice to have SongSpam? in it's own place
    • No, I prefer it all in one place
    • Could care less, really (hey, that's a good name for a track...)
  2. 2. Should We Have Subforums For Album Notices & Single Tracks As Well?

• Yes, what a brilliant idea!
    • No, too many subfoums inside subforums

Well, should we? The general consensus when reviving the board was to lump YLC into the EKT main forum, but some of you are asking "Where's YLC?" So, in true democratic (ha) fashion, let's put it to a poll.

In addition, should we as well have album and single track announcement subforums inside YLC?

This poll will expire in 1 week, so get hopping!

Guest abstractology

that stemmed from a suggestion awhile back for having ylc for one off tracks and such and another one for albums, reason being that if you have an album to post or want to hear an album that the album wont go to page 2 so quickly.

edit: theo?

too many subforums, no one notices and no one cares when you have to dig more than a forum deep. or that's just me maybe.

Have you noticed on the forums mainpage it now shows if subforums have new topics and also the latest topic!

Also, RSS feeds keep you up to date...

having all of the music making/discussion in one place makes it easier and more fun to read, not to mention generates more interesting crossover topics.

ok here's the deal:

make SongSpam™ the top level forum, then make the rest (if anyone wants the album subforum) lower levels than that. This way the important stuff is quickest to get to, stuff no one cares about is lower.

done and done.

I say no to both.

I don't think the discussion section of EKT was used enough to warrant a seperate section, and besides, alot of people accidently put stuff in EKT instead of YLC. It would avoid confusion to just have one forum. But if you do bring it back, I think that EKT should be a subforum of YLC or a completely seperate one.

I also disagre with the other thing... ALTHOUGH I DO THINK we should be allowed to post finished albums/eps in general discussion without everyone giving us funny looks... unless we're posting it for constructive crit, then it would be more appropiate to put it in YLC.

But an all around leniency on people posting full album/ep's in general discussion would be appreciated.

Back to normal please.

Indeed... there's been hardly any technical discussion/tips/etc. posted since WATMM came back. It'd be nice to encourage all that shit to grow again, like a small delicate young tree, by fencing it off and keeping it separate from the gnawing incisors of YLC.

How about making EKT a part of YLC instead of the other way around?

This is what I thought initially upon joining this board. I figured that YLC would be the focus as opposed to the discussion. Something to think about. But definitely have them in seperate forums, and the "albums" and "tracks" subforums sound good.

Archived