IGNORED

prodigy

i know a lot of people (including myself) cringe at the prodigy these days, but some of their new stuff theyve been trying out live actually sounds promising. lots of old skewl breaks, piano stabs, horns and chipmunk vocals...perhaps a return to the roots? or are they cashing in on the rave revival thats sort of knocking around at the moment?

it looks early days still, no release date or tracklistings...but heres a few live samples...

worlds on fire:

warriors dance:

unstoppable:

beat 55:

dead ken beats:

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I dunno sounds like every other Prodigy release these days, really he just needs to shut the fuck up, never pic up a microphone ever again, ever. In fact, he should sew his fucking mouth shut and speak entirely through sampled 80s hip hop.

• 1 month later...
Guest joshier

listening to the last now and didn't like any apart from beat 55 even that wasn't complex.. nor energy.

Did someone else produce fat of the land & experience??..

dead ken beats is a bit samey too. it's just on repeat, and the stuff that is on repeat isn't good enough to keep repeating, unlike some of liams other tracks.

I'm a Prodigy fan, glad to see this thread exists. I'm aware and up to date with the stuff they play live, and to me it seems they are listening to fans after Always Outnumbered, Never Outgunned which was a shambles - fans are crying for them to go back to their old school style with female ravey vocals and quick breakbeats. Warriors Dance sounds promising for sure, I like Dead Ken Beats though I don't think that will be on the new album. The bass in Unstoppable sounds catchy but the titles of these tracks made me laugh. Looking forward to the new album. I will be catching them at V-Festival next month

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
2008's gettin' long in the tooth. Anyone heard more from a possible LP release?

Liam has been saying an album release is likely to be around Feb/March '09, but there's still to be a single release before the album - which I am hoping will be Warriors Dance, a new one that has been going down well live this year.

They were great at V

its frome their new album : WE USE PRESETS

lol, you mispelt from

• 1 month later...

we've got a release date: March 2nd 2009

and a single "the first single, "Run With the Wolves" will feature Dave Grohl on drums." hmmm, i dont know whether thats good news or not.

tour:

prodigy_tour_poster.jpg

from the mailing list:

"Hi everyone

It's the news we have all been waiting for. We can now tell you the new album is called "Invaders Must Die" and will be released on The Prodigy's imprint, Take Me To The Hospital, through Cooking Vinyl, on March 2nd. Liam Howlett, Keith Flint and Maxim all feature on the album, which is the first time since the release of Fat Of The Land in 1997. The result is back to their bone shaking best, a collision of old skool rave noise with the stratospheric limits of new technology."

a post of the myspace by Liam:

". THE ALBUM IS DONE. we r all so buzzed about it . it is called INVADERS MUST DIE as you probably know by now ! .11 tracks. its a band album mostly so we can play all the tunes live if we want. didnt want to have any guest vocalists on this record even though we did do 3 collabs but they didnt feel part of this record -- they may come out later. dave grohl plays on run with the wolves, what a top lad he is . he approached me and we pulled that tune out the bag at last minute, fast ferocious tune with evil big electronic riff with keef on vocals. i also got james from 'does it offend yo yeah' in to do a bit of additional production on a couple of tunes .i met him at gatecrasher and he basically told me he was a fan and had been trying to rip of my sound for years , fukin hilarious . geezer ,great to work with. warriors dance is on there sounding massive in its final form . got lots of other beats and pieces left over including a couple of live tunes i know people buzz off so the plan is to put that shit onto an additional disc that will be part of a box set or deluxe -not sure yet but those beats that didnt make the main album need to break out .

seee ya LLLLL. HHHH"

also pretty depressing video interview here

Guest bitroast

awesome! the album name is kind of concerning, but the live clips have impressed me :)

i'm definitely gonna give this album a chance, hoping for some fun loud rave-y drum n bass shit. heh.

Guest grinningcat

dont know what you lot moaning about to be honest, this sounds quite promising.. .. you cant get a great impression of it from youtube vids ffs... you'd need to hear it loud.

sounds a lot lot lot better than the last shit one they did

tbh a lot of u are remembering fat of the land, that was like 10 years ago! obviously music has changed a lot since also We were all a bit younger and impressionable and so probably have lots of nostalgia about the old stuff

dont know what you lot moaning about to be honest, this sounds quite promising.. .. you cant get a great impression of it from youtube vids ffs... you'd need to hear it loud.

sounds a lot lot lot better than the last shit one they did

tbh a lot of u are remembering fat of the land, that was like 10 years ago! obviously music has changed a lot since also We were all a bit younger and impressionable and so probably have lots of nostalgia about the old stuff

ok liam.

I really like the new stuff, and take it from me, I saw them live a few months back and when they tried out the new tracks at one of the biggest festivals in the UK, it was great to hear Warriors Dance on a proper sound system in that environment. With The Prodigy, there really is nothing more to expect than good beats and catchy melodies.. it ends there with me, and I still am surprised that they've been going for almosty 20 years. They need to stop after this new tour next year.

a lot of this stuff sounds like the last album.

which isn't necessarily bad. i know that i've constantly badmouthed always outnumbered and called it trash, but i got into it a month or two ago and it's pretty good. not quality stuff like the prodigy experience, but good in its own right.

i usually go spastic dancing at anything that plays at higher than 90bpm tbqh.

In what way does this new stuff sound like AONO? I think Liam's sound has improved (we can't forget the amount of help he gets in the studio) - this is where I lost respect for him.

Liam has realised that the whole AONO sound is pretty bland, it won't get him anywhere with the fans. If you know any Prodigy fans, the majority would agree that Jilted was the best album Liam has produced, so he may be taking this on board and going old skool with the new stuff. You can at least take Spitfire + Girls from AONO as being ok tracks, but that's all.

Archived