IGNORED

prodigy

that could be true as lots of tracks just feature repeating samples and stuff

so Invaders must die seems to be real as it was on the official website agree?

I can not easily distinguish that as fake as the last album was below expected standard as well lol but it makes really sense (and keeps my hopes up as I really like Invaders)

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest awkwardsilence

I liked some of the youtube clips earlier in the thread, but I downloaded the "Invaders must die" video on xbox live, and it's just retarded, no good.

Take Me To The Hospital sounds... okay. From what can I hear it almost sounds like something The Chemical Brothers would have made back in the 90s. But I might be wrong.

I like the sound of it, much of this new record sounds very hopeful.

It's difficult to cast full judgement when only crowd recordings are available. When I saw them at V Festival, both the new tracks Worlds on Fire and Warriors Dance sounded brilliant. I never will and never have looked into their music deeply - it's just very simplified listening to me, and I enjoy the rhythms in some of these new tracks emerging. Liam is no RDJ, but he's good at creating a catchy melody.

that new track is much better than invaders must die. reminds me a bit of baby's got a temper, cause of the melody that comes in around 37seconds. maybe i'm being too nitpicky though.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest joshier

Perhaps fat of the land was created with a lot of additional producers.. I'd like to know who they were so I can stop downloading fucking shit fucking sell out fucking twatting shit pendulum like sell out cocksucking twats like these.

Guest joshier
i don't understand the hate for pendulum. hold your colour is a lot better than anything i'm seeing off this album so far.

I don't mean to offend pendulum, it's rather that pendulum got popular, remxed a prodigy track (voodoo people) .. it got a lot of attention and prodigy saw how many people liked the simple drum n bass beats and then thought 'i know, lets do that, it's well popular!'

Back in the day, not that I was very conscience of it at the time - but weren't prodigy a bit underground, or gave less of a fuck if the mainstream people didn't like it?

maybe they've always been sell-outs, i don't know.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone hear their new track on Radio 1 tonight? The band are presenting Zane Lowe's show from 19.00 - 21.00.

It's called "Omen", sounds good - well I enjoyed it, not too sure many here would. With The Prodigy, they were sort of part of my music collection when growing up as a teen, so I'm always happy to hear something new from Liam. There's a link to download the streamed recording here: http://www.brainkiller.it/public/forum/vie...78&start=45

It's much better than Invaders Must Die.

ok, now i see the pendulum comparisons. the plucky synths, the vocals...

also, that melody at 1:39 sounds really similar to the melody in "one night in new york city."

i know that they're different, but they sound super similar for some reason.

Sounds good. I like pretty much everything Liam has done, whether it is the most technologically amazing or an evolutionary step in electronic music, or (considered) the opposite and critically dumped upon, I always dig his stuff. I will say always out numbered was a little less upbeat dancey than previous stuff/what I like from him, but hopefully this will bring that back into the light.

I can kinda see the pendulum comparisons too, and being a fan of pendulum and slowly coming off of a long dnb phase I can understand this step as dnb tempos and boom cak- boom cak, boom cak..... boom cak, *breakbeat* boom cak cak... bass wooaaaamp, is a lot more expected/accepted in a lot of [dj/live pa/scene clubs] these days, as playing slower tempos between 120-1140 can lop you in with the house/trance crowd which sadly brings about a lot of tense hard feelings from more hardcore scenes, or dnb scenes, or what have you. I saw just play whatever as long as people dance, but dnb esque beats do stand out a bit from trance/house/4 on the floor beats since they are so commonplace (at least in the states) in live clubs/live venues [more popular, go out and dance not go see so and so dj clubs] these days.

so i see his reasoning. Plus he's prolly just into the sound at the moment.

i don't think that was a reference to out of space, i think that's liam running out of patches to use.

i wish he would just make more stuff like the prodigy experience. i don't understand why he has to try a new (and progressively cruddy) style for each album.

Archived