IGNORED

fol:senn:s:r:

Guest plangplang

Guest plangplang

hi

thought i'd share a short film i made with friends as a project featuring Fol4. it is the first cut and i'd say about 80% finished, but we had to deliver it last Friday for presentation. We edited fol4 a bit because it was just plain too long, and somewhere 2 minutes into the track the edit might appear very stupid, but to an audience who doesn't know the music, they wouldn't notice anything i guess. Note that this was not planned as an autechre music video - rather an improvised non narrative film. Fol4 was chosen after we had the material filmed, and we didn't find any other piece of music that would fit the visual style nearly as well.

http://design.hm.edu/~jakobpenca/folsennsrkomp.mov

i'd suggest downloading and watching fullscreen using VLC or something rather then your browser... it's in 16:9, maybe you have to adjust your player accordingly, dunno.

comments and constructive criticism are very welcome! we'll probably try to tighten the dramaturgy after some days of pause.

Guest Rogueofmv

It's a bit hard to concentrate on the film when your roommate's blasting "Shawty Is a 10". :P

But the link works now.

Guest Enter a new display name

Could you please upload it on YouTube? I'm too lazy to install QuickTime. I already hate Apple's softwares!

ok, so what does the old guy mowing have to do with the naked guy running around and playing in the mud?

i liked the end part the best, right before the pink screen, with the bubbles or whatever

I watched this and I really liked the over all concept, but as other people have stated, it is almost expected in AE videos to have the visuals have more direct correlation to the beats. It is a bit silly to worry about that when you are making a short film, but it really enhances the whole production when one does that with an AE track.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest plangplang

no youtube. How people enjoy watching video in 320x240 resolution with crappy sound is a riddle to me.

thanks for the feedback guys! We'll try and reedit it soonish... top priority will be sync to the music. and editing out unnecessary filler material... aiming for a ~3 or 4 minute, more intense, maybe less skin clip.

ok, so what does the old guy mowing have to do with the naked guy running around and playing in the mud?

that's open to interpretation. we mainly put him in to fool people into something slow paced. One guy at the premiere saw the naked guy as an earthworm fleeing from mower-man. (mower-man is my stepdad btw... naked guy is me. )

Archived