IGNORED

Call for submissions: IDM Tribute to Docking!

Alzado

Hello fellow electronic musicians.

So Docking is probably the most electronic music concept there is. What is Docking? Docking is many things. It is a way for one vessel to find safety, to bind itself with another and experience the warmth and security of being directly connected. When lost at sea, the thought of being snuggly docked keeps hope alive in the hearts of distraught sailors. Docking is about new introductions and forming snug bonds. When you are staring eye to eye, you know that you are well docked.

So it is our duty, as artists, to come together and pay tribute to the strength and warmth that is Docking. By now, you know the drill, everyone makes tracks over the next several weeks, then we hand pick the best ones, and then we put together a compilation and release it. We've had much success (see Deep Sea Creatures by Various Artists and Black Holes by Various Artists), but there is more work to do.

The details for the Docking compilation are as follows:

-Make a track inspired by and relevant to Docking. Don't forget to title it appropriately. If it is called something like "Nunavut Tundra Yak Patties" then we will know that it is another reject uninspired boc ripoff that was created long before Docking became the object of our electronic music desire and as such will be looked over.

-You can submit as many tracks as you like.

-The deadline to submit your tracks is October 31st, 2008. And I'm sure this will be repeated at least a dozen times throughout this thread.

-Do not post your tracks in YLC or anywhere else publically. Submit them directly to me via PM or you can email them to admin-at-dropouthillary.org. If they are posted publically before the deadline then they will not make the compilation.

-Judging will be based on quality of track and relevance to Docking (ask yourself, does the feel of your track do a decent job of conveying the feel of Docking?).

-10 minute epic tracks, though appreciated, are less likely to make the compilation, and even less likely to be featured on a 7" record with 4.5 minutes a side.

- UPDATE: Tracks should be submitted as 320 kbps mp3's (.wmv, .ogg, or other formats will not be accepted).

- Tagging: Each mp3 must contain the following information in the ID3 tag: Artist (the artist name you want to use for the release), Song Name, and Album "Docking."

I think that about covers it!! Let's make this friggin' awesome. Invite your friends! The more tracks the merrier! Feel free to discuss / ask questions in this thread.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
maybe that should be a requirement for entry? all tracks need be duets?

i considered requiring that all tracks be docked with another. it's great in concept. but my prediction is that it would result in few completed tracks. so, i didn't make it a requirement.

that being said, this is a tribute to the warm, supple act of Docking after all. so collab tracks are certainly encouraged.

when someone propositions you for a hot night of docking, do you ask a committee to vote on whether you should proceed? absolutely not. you drop your pants and commence the docking sequence.

now get docking or gtfo!

Archived