IGNORED

Scintilli out in '09

Dale

Now we're talking.. can't do much about the leakage of digital tunes but you can release vinyl and people like myself would buy it the day of release with utter joy and delight.. that's guaranteed!

Mmmm, the artwork is something to look foward too as well.. especially if the album comes out on Warp.

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest sirch

I can't believe I made this thread in September 2008

Get a move on guys

Plaid are the new Boards of Canada! Lol ;P

Guest sirch

..except, Plaid have actually written 2 soundtrack albums since 2006, done countless gigs and live collabs, a bunch of remixes, music for a Playstation game, and finished Scintilli this year :)

Guest NapLand

Ok, wow, this thread is large and old.. who can bring me up to speed? I went back a few pages then ended up in 2008.

So the new album is still not out yet? Like I said before, I heard a bunch of it in Nov at a live gig in London. I must say, I wasn't really into it. I guess I'm getting to be an old geezer. I did like SPOKES a fair bit, but nothing seems to top Double Figure and previous endeavors.

Guest sirch

Ok, wow, this thread is large and old.. who can bring me up to speed? I went back a few pages then ended up in 2008.

So the new album is still not out yet? Like I said before, I heard a bunch of it in Nov at a live gig in London. I must say, I wasn't really into it. I guess I'm getting to be an old geezer. I did like SPOKES a fair bit, but nothing seems to top Double Figure and previous endeavors.

parts of Spokes and definitely their soundtracks top Double Figure and Restproof, for me.

have to admit i never got much into Greedy Baby, though can appreciate and respect the amount of work that went into it and i do like Bobs' visuals a lot. i just didn't enjoy some of the music as much as i have done other Plaid releases.

still love Not for Three's to this day. i don't think there's 1 bad track on there. whereas some parts of DF and Restproof are a bit 'meh' to me.

anyway, i heard the new album is done but they're currently waiting on a slot amongst the busy Warp release schedule (to be announced)...

i heard the new album is done but they're currently waiting on a slot amongst the busy Warp release schedule (to be announced)...

Heard from whom?

Yes, I feel the same with all you said about Greedy Baby (meh), Spokes, the newer soundtrack albums (YES!). Just want to add Spanners still is the bomb :)

BTW, which album had TAK[n]? I think DF. I must say, I loved the Tak1 track even though it was just a small piece. I was always wishing Plaid to make a full track out of this.

Guest sirch
i heard the new album is done but they're currently waiting on a slot amongst the busy Warp release schedule (to be announced)...

Heard from whom?

a source close to Plaid.

i would post quotes but don't want to give too much away :)

also, theplaided man received a fairly lenghtly email response to his questions about Scintilli a while ago.

Its kind of nice to know that even if you are famous and even you have many legendary releases you still have to wait in the line behind some mediocre new acts to get your long posponed release out on warp.

Guest sirch

Its kind of nice to know that even if you are famous and even you have many legendary releases you still have to wait in the line behind some mediocre new acts to get your long posponed release out on warp.

this is exactly the case. Warp is churning out all the Hudson stuff, Bibio, Battles, Eno and signing new hipster acts, and have put Plaid to one side for the time being.

no doubt if Rob Mitchell was still around though things would be a bit different! (imho)

Guest lunarphase

this is exactly the case. Warp is churning out all the Hudson stuff, Bibio, Battles, Eno and signing new hipster acts, and have put Plaid to one side for the time being.

no doubt if Rob Mitchell was still around though things would be a bit different! (imho)

Aye, can't stand all these news bands that Warp are signing :(

Bring back the good old days.

Aye, can't stand all these news bands that Warp are signing :(

Bring back the good old days.

No, they won't come back.

In my car, I listened to our youth radio programme the other day (EinsLive), they were talking abou Bibio and whoever, to me it was uninteresting kiddie shite, but the they mentioned WARP and I thought "WTF". But didn't care then, because I thought Warp became some "indie style guitar music" label. OK, also still electronic music - but no more invention of the wheel. What could have been expected.

Yeah, I'm also an old daddy of almost 40, having bought the Forgemasters "track with no name", Tricky Disco, NOW, Sweet Excorcist, oh yeah, good past, purple records :) But hey it's the past. The future is somewhere else, probably not at Warp. My future is classical music, listening 90% to it. Only looking forward to Ae, Plaid stuff (Plaid are really good these days), but that's about it. Didn't like RDJ after Windowlicker, I think he was good for the big effects, but ran out of ideas, not consistent. Ae are more consistent, Plaid develop. Nothings sweeter than "Masato Shuffle". Period!

Guest scarkord

I for one second that big style..

For now i have to put up with my own music trying to be plaid but ending up nothing like them..

http://soundcloud.com/norvum/2-days-off-demo-not-finished

Now there's an idea... why don't we make a compilation of our own Plaid soundalikes to tide us over until Scintilli is finally out :) Anyone else up for that?

Here's my latest which is kind of Plaid like...

Cheers

SK

Guest sirch

I for one second that big style..

For now i have to put up with my own music trying to be plaid but ending up nothing like them..

http://soundcloud.com/norvum/2-days-off-demo-not-finished

Now there's an idea... why don't we make a compilation of our own Plaid soundalikes to tide us over until Scintilli is finally out :) Anyone else up for that?

Here's my latest which is kind of Plaid like...

Cheers

SK

Nice tracks guys, and a good idea!

Scarkord, welcome! really like your tune there. nice melody.

somebody should make a Plaid sound-a-like-bites / tributes thread! ;)

Guest TitsAndAcid

Hi everybody ! I bring you some fresh news ! :yeah: "Scintilli" will be released really really soon on Warp Records. It's official now. I've been invited by Warp Records to listen it tonight in a private listening with a lot of journalists in Paris. I'll tell you later about it here tonight or tomorrow how it is and when it'll be released officially...

PS : don't hesitate to look at my blog Tits & Acid, I uploaded yesterday the last remix Plaid did (of a Red Snapper track).

:nyan:

Guest sirch

Hi everybody ! I bring you some fresh news ! :yeah: "Scintilli" will be released really really soon on Warp Records. It's official now. I've been invited by Warp Records to listen it tonight in a private listening with a lot of journalists in Paris. I'll tell you later about it here tonight or tomorrow how it is and when it'll be released officially...

PS : don't hesitate to look at my blog Tits & Acid, I uploaded yesterday the last remix Plaid did (of a Red Snapper track).

HI, love your username! lol

thanks for the info! i was thinking Warp should be announcing it pretty soon, like within the next few weeks or so... if it's to be released around November... as they usually announce the big ones 3 months-ish in advance.. - can't wait!! :D

looking forward to hearing/reading what you think of it! Cheers

Guest sirch

TitsAndAcid, could you maybe take a picture of the front cover artwork? - assuming it's not a blank promo CD. - if that's allowed? (or even if it's not) ;)

Guest Sprigg

:cerious::nelson::trashbear::trap::orly::wtf::braindance::emotawesomepm9:

Archived