IGNORED

Scintilli out in '09

Dale

Guest sirch

I still kinda believe the dude, even though it's odd he hasn't been back. Surely warp answers their emails?

Isn't there a contest to guess the release date of the album? It must be set for release soon with a solid date.

they probably wouldn't answer most emails over the weekends, i guess.

i reckon we'll hear something solid and official soon tho, anyway. whether it's actually September or not remains to be seen!

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest TitsAndAcid

You're so impatient dudes ! :rolleyes: So, my contact in Warp Records answered me. I'm not allowed to post here the artwork of "Scintilli" as I was expected. BUT I had an important info : the official announce by Warp Records for the album is August 1st. You'll see, I"m not a liar. :smile: I'm a huge fan of Plaid and I know I've been lucky to hear it at Devialet Private Showroom few days ago but dudes it's true ! You'll see ! :yeah: Anyway, I hope you'll enjoy it. I'll receive the promo album August 1st. Maybe I'll be allowed to post one or (maybe!?? we can dream^^) few tracks on my blog... We'll see... Have a nice week !

Guest sirch

so expect the leak from August 1st then i guess! lol - shouldn't laugh but... it's bound to happen!!!!

gonna be really hard not to download and check it out. even if i cave in tho i will still be buying the album, for sure!

actually might buy in a few copies of the vinyl, aswell as the CD. hmmmm, i wonder if there'll be a cassette version? i'd like that :)

well, roll on the next couple of months! :D

this is a bit of a noob-question but, why exacty do these leaks almost always happen? I mean, Warp isn't that huge a label, is it always someone from within the company betraying their trust? Or do they send out copies to press and stuff and one of those leaks it? Then why don't they just stop sending those? I find it hard to imagine it's impossible to prevent a leak.

I never listen to a leak of anything anyway, just wondering.

Guest AcrossCanyons

warp is a pretty big label, and yes, labels usually give press copies out.

great news on the album anyway, providing the information is legit. :beer:

When/if it does come out.. those people that would buy it, will buy it anyway.

titsandacid i have my doubts about you :dry:

Guest sirch

this is a bit of a noob-question but, why exacty do these leaks almost always happen? I mean, Warp isn't that huge a label, is it always someone from within the company betraying their trust? Or do they send out copies to press and stuff and one of those leaks it? Then why don't they just stop sending those? I find it hard to imagine it's impossible to prevent a leak.

I never listen to a leak of anything anyway, just wondering.

i think it's mostly press and friends of friends who leak albums. or like some spotty teenage brother/cousin of somebody who knows somebody, for example, who wants to be the first one to say "Hey guys, i have Scintilli!!"...

true, they should just stop sending out promo's! and just have a link available for 24 hours, or something... but then people could still capture and record the stream, so... maybe promo's just shouldn't be sent out at all, til a few days before the actual official general release date.

but anyway, like magdog says, the people that were going to buy it will still buy it anyway, whether there's leaks around or they've heard it somewhere before or not.

Guest sirch

After all this anticipation and frustration waiting for Scintilli's release, downloading a leak beforehand would be like a massive premature ejaculation.

hmmmm i dunno. it might be a bit more like foreplay... especially if downloaded in MP3 just for a taste/tease, :) then receiving the vinyl, putting it on your deck and sitting down with a fat one while you check out the vinyl artwork would be like the huge climax, after years of mad tantric sex that even the likes of Sting couldn't handle! lol

After all this anticipation and frustration waiting for Scintilli's release, downloading a leak beforehand would be like a massive premature ejaculation.

Agreed.

Dammit I am excited about this news!

Sooner i hear it the better, whether it's a leak or not. That sounds a bit sad, but i know i'll buy the album as soon as it's comes out.

Don't think labels can do much about leaks anyway as promos are apart of promotion.

WARP sucks. Gimme Scintilli FLAC dl nao!

they might do what they did with new autechre: give out the mp3s/flacs prior to physical release

they might do what they did with new autechre: give out the mp3s/flacs prior to physical release

Hopefully. I don't buy physical releases any more.

Guest sirch

WARP sucks. Gimme Scintilli FLAC dl nao!

ah, good point! an instant digi download of the album with a pre-order of physical copy would be good!

If this thing will ever be released, I have no idea what the artwork will look like. It seems like all Plaid album covers are completely different in style. I kinda hope it's something abstract rather than a photographic cover like Not For Threes had, for some reason. I like that cover a lot, but a new photographic one would probably destroy my own imagination of what a "Scintilli" looks like.

Guest sirch

I like that cover a lot, but a new photographic one would probably destroy my own imagination of what a "Scintilli" looks like.

might it be something 'sparkly' ?

Italian Verb

scintillare

(intransitive) To scintillate, sparkle or glitter; to give off sparks

Conjugation

Take avere even though intransitive

Anagrams

cristalline, scintillerà

Category: Italian verbs

Guest sirch

hmmmmmm, i don't think the recent news is true after all. because Warp have just announced today Rustie's new (debut) album, due for release on the 10th of October! (ffs)

wouldn't they announce Scintilli first? if it was due to be released in September? or do Warp just have no common sense like that?

hmmmmmm, i don't think the recent news is true after all. because Warp have just announced today Rustie's new (debut) album, due for release on the 10th of October! (ffs)

wouldn't they announce Scintilli first? if it was due to be released in September? or do Warp just have no common sense like that?

just wait til 1st August

you've only got to wait until Monday for the newsletter from Warpbot

I'm with sirch here. I don't remember Warp announcing releases out of synch like they'd have to if Scintilli is coming out September.

Right, because didn't they just announce Rustie's October forthcoming?

Or maybe this is some kind of strategy.

or maybe we have been trolled.

Archived