IGNORED

Scintilli out in '09

Dale

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well as it s not coming out since like, ages, im thinking maybe they're building a space shuttle or what? anyway, i dont wanna be too expecting about Scintilli, cause whenever i be that, a bad album comes out :/

so, i wanna believe in chassis and i really do. they must be keeping it for good reasons. and if not, im gonna move to Iran and work for their nuclear programme for free against the West, i mean "civilisation"

wtf

or keep coming.. til it waits... and is... released...

(tbh i've given up on Scintilli. die-hard fan, given up. what does that say?)

i don't think it'll ever come out. and it was silly of them to name an album that wasn't even done... and maybe still isn't. - *bored*

Stop crying you big baby.

I WANT TO BELIEVE

me too, but with each new release Warp announces that ISN'T Plaid (still), i lose a bit more hope.

BUT, if it is going to be released then it should be this year. because it's 20 years this year since Plaids' first album,

- Black Dog Productions 001. "Mbuki Mvuki". - s'gotta be this year!!??

i don't think it'll ever come out. and it was silly of them to name an album that wasn't even done... and maybe still isn't. - *bored*

Stop crying you big baby.

suck my oil you Bloc.

yes the plaid.co.uk is down. (excited emo smiley here)

doesn't mean a thing though. could simply mean they've just stopped paying for the website?

they didn't update it very often anyway, and haven't updated any live gigs since the end of last year.

imo, if the down time had anything to do with a new album update it'd be up there now for all to see.... as it's been a few days.

oh the mystery! lol ;)

i dont think u should give up hope sirch

it turns the waiting into a negative thing...

the album not arriving isn't a positive thing obviously, but giving up makes it even more of a negative thing than it needs to be

just busy yourself with other music if you can find stuff that you like :-)

the album not arriving isn't a positive thing obviously, but giving up makes it even more of a negative thing than it needs to be

yeah, you're right, thief.

but that's half the problem is i can't find much music these days that i really really like anymore!

long gone are the days of "WOW! that's fucking good!!"... i'm like an electronic crack addict chasing that first high! lol

i hope that's sort of maybe one of the reasons why Plaid have taken so long with Scintilli, too.. because they want to do something outstanding and really different? ..like the next step up the electronic ladder, and not just more of the same generic and now (to me) really boring IDM/Techno that's all been done before by everyone else who jumped on the band wagon the last 10-20 years. it's all been rinsed, imo. and there's no harder drug to go on to next... so to speak. yet.

Pre-order and review Scintilli! -

but that's half the problem is i can't find much music these days that i really really like anymore!

long gone are the days of "WOW! that's fucking good!!"... i'm like an electronic crack addict chasing that first high! lol

i hope that's sort of maybe one of the reasons why Plaid have taken so long with Scintilli, too.. because they want to do something outstanding and really different? ..like the next step up the electronic ladder, and not just more of the same generic and now (to me) really boring IDM/Techno that's all been done before by everyone else who jumped on the band wagon the last 10-20 years. it's all been rinsed, imo. and there's no harder drug to go on to next... so to speak. yet.

Spot on sirch.. so much electronic music has become far to safe nowadays. Not enough risk taking.. where has all the quality weirdness gone.. i miss it :( I keep myself fairly upto date with what's new and i have to say most is rather boring and predictable. Saying this i live in hope for a sound that will rekindle my will to live.

Guest sirch

i thought here on this forum there were people who are friends of Plaid in real life. so how come no one has given any info why their official site is down for days???

most friends of Plaid, i'd say, don't often come here let alone post. same with most of the other big Warp names.

forums (of this sort), generally, are for kids. and drunk/stoned people. :)

most real-life friends of the Warp God's are in their 30's and 40's now.... forums are cool when you're in your 20's..

but things change, people change, life moves on, people get old and have kids, accumilate massive debt and have to spend every waking hour working, these days. - they suck. these days.

edit: when i say forums of this sort i mean the whole of watmm. not specifically the Plaid forum.

the Plaid forum rules and we all here know that. :)

yes i agree with you about the age-"forums habit" relation. dude, im 31, then i gotta get married and have kids, what am i doing on forums?! :O anyways, i will solve this issue someday...

and yes Plaid forum here really rocks because it is a subforum for every artist (PLAIDDDDDD!!) and it makes things A LOT easier!! and less annoying. cause some dude linked me some idmforums the other day and said there's also Plaid on it and when i visited that forum i felt so frustrated! all mess! Aphex and Plaid in the same forum!!! :fear: dude what a bad experience that was for me...

ah i know i must not mention my dislike for Aphex, at least not so oftenly... i apologize from those who like Aphex, too. sorry.

They are adding a new album placeholder.

proof??

ah i know i must not mention my dislike for Aphex, at least not so oftenly... i apologize from those who like Aphex, too. sorry.

They are adding a new album placeholder.

proof??

Its a joke mate.

Everything Boxing Day posts is a joke.

Same goes for Sirch, outside the Plaid forum that is.

Guest sirch

yes i agree with you about the age-"forums habit" relation. dude, im 31, then i gotta get married and have kids, what am i doing on forums?! :O

i think maybe a lot of these people spent a lot of time online and on forums in the 90's/2000's... so, they might be sick of it?

a lot of people just don't have time for it anymore these days. especially when there's X-Box and PS3! :)

"Life moves pretty fast. if you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it".

Guest sirch

Everything Boxing Day posts is a joke.

Same goes for Sirch, outside the Plaid forum that is.

that's 'cos i have huge respect for Ed and Andy Plaid and their Black Dog Productions work. massive, massive respect.

you won't get me taking the piss and talking shite in the Chris Clark or Squarepusher forums, either, nor Luke Vibert (apart from that one time). :)

Guest sirch

Spot on sirch.. so much electronic music has become far to safe nowadays. Not enough risk taking.. where has all the quality weirdness gone.. i miss it :( I keep myself fairly upto date with what's new and i have to say most is rather boring and predictable. Saying this i live in hope for a sound that will rekindle my will to live.

you and me are on the same wavelength mate :) there's only a relatively small bunch of us i suppose, but i'm glad i'm not alone.

we fight the good fight, our Tribe! :)

Guest sirch

None of you look hard enough. Because you want to hate everything new. Or maybe you just dont have the time to go searching for the stuff you will like.

like magdog said, he keeps up to date with most stuff.. and does some mighty fine mixes, too!

but we're waiting, hoping to be blown away, again. one day.

None of you look hard enough. Because you want to hate everything new. Or maybe you just dont have the time to go searching for the stuff you will like.

like magdog said, he keeps up to date with most stuff.. and does some mighty fine mixes, too!

This is off the new Maschine album, its only a 45 sec preview.

Certainly blew me away when I heard it this morning.

http://soundcloud.com/realeoin/07-cordmash

Guest sirch

Last thing that blew my mind was BMB (and that was 6 years ago)

well i haven't been blown away by anything as hard as when chassis spoke last! man...!! i had to change! LOl

no seriously i did have to go change, i really came so hard with real respect and love, i just gushed and gushed and gushed!...

20 year old's make me creammmm.

any sort, i don't care. just give yourself to me, youngling's!! LOl

you and me are on the same wavelength mate :) there's only a relatively small bunch of us i suppose, but i'm glad i'm not alone.

we fight the good fight, our Tribe! :)

We are mate.. and i'm glad i'm not alone too :) One day something will come along again that'll blow us away i'm sure.. there's usually a ten year wait for me but that has expired by a couple of years now. Until that something does come along we have to carry on trying to find those small gems that do surface from time to time. oh and thanks for the kind words :)

Archived