IGNORED

Scintilli out in '09

Dale

"Thanks to everyone who's written about our new album 'Scintilli'. We'll get back to you all at some point. It's taking a while but will be worth the wait. It wont be out before mid 2009 now"

Ok, but please make sure this track is on there:

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Plaid if you are reading this, this delay is a bit of a joke considering in June you stated that you were putting the finishing on Scintilli, now you are saying it's not out until mid 2009. That is a years delay for a record that was getting the finishing touches on it. What are you doing to this album that takes a year? As i stated it is a bit of a joke and i think you should come up with a bit of an explanation. If you want to twat about for a year putting finishing touches on a record dont tell everyone that you are putting the finishing touches.

You have angered many people on this forum, Plaid. Least you can do is explain the unbelievable delay for an album that is already finished.

I suppose it's not entirely impossible that they could have gotten so far with Scintilli and changed their minds about what they'd done. It's also interesting what Pusillanimous Rex posted elsewhere about Warp being arsey and wanting alterations made to Spokes before releasing that. Plus they've apparently been making the sountrack album simultaneously.

I dunno, but fuck, this delay is frustrating.

Guest Ataraxia

Eh, don't rush Plaid. If they want to put finishing touches on their album, it'll just end up making the release in 2009 fucking amazing.

But that's probably not the case. It's probably Warp being a bunch of twats.

In other news; Fuck, that sucks.

Guest PusillanimousRex

Anybody remember Booc? It was slated for release just following 333, but was held back because they weren't satisfied with it and wanted to retool it... I don't know if they ever actually altered any of it, but it still took about four years to see the light of day.

I don't think that's what's happening here, though - seems more likely that the new soundtrack just got in the way.

Personally, I can wait. It comes when it comes...

Off topic: Ataraxia... Mars Volta quotes in your sig... I heartily approve.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I found this on the official Plaid homepage:

"Scintilli - Our new album will be released later this year. We continue to play some of the material destined for it during our live shows."

Guest PusillanimousRex

That blurb has been there since late 2008. In fact, not much has changed on the site in months. I suspect they may be taking a well-earned breather. And touring incessantly, it seems.

I'm still sore that I'll probably never hear their Louis Buñuel soundtracks.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Joebot Kill
Plaid, if you dont release this soon I will buy the new Black Dog album instead. You've been warned!

heh too late for that here. already preordered mine.

• 3 weeks later...

From the tracks I have heard on some live recordings floating about on the net, it seems pretty hopeful so it's worth the wait I think.. My guess? - could see it being released around late Summer '09.

• 1 month later...
Guest Ultravisitor

hello, i spoke to ed after the gig in london last night (lovely gig in a cafe with a pianist)

i asked him about the new album.

he said, they've been delayed by other projects (including that gig and the one a month ago with the javanese orchestra) and what have you, the album should be out later this year.

nothing you already knew. just thought you may want to hear an "update"

hello, i spoke to ed after the gig in london last night (lovely gig in a cafe with a pianist)

he said, they've been delayed by other projects (including that gig and the one a month ago with the javanese orchestra) and what have you, the album should be out later this year.

thanks for sharing the information - I am still curious what "later this year" means exactly...

Guest Ultravisitor

thanks for sharing the information - I am still curious what "later this year" means exactly...

guess we're just gonna have to wait and see

Guest sirch

Quote, Andy Turner, mid 2008 :

"We just finished another soundtrack for a Japanese movie called Heaven's Door. That's going to be coming out toward the end of the year and so we don't think we'll put Scintilli out until Summer 2009. We're waiting to hear from Warp about that though."

I think what happened was that 'Scintilli' was put on hold while they did the H's Door soundtrack (and various other small projects, as Ultravisitor said).

I'd reckon the album has probably been on the brink of completion for a while now and it's just at the very final tweeking stage.

But then the mastering needs doing and that's down to Warp, of course, and then they have to sort out the release and promo and everything else....

I dont know where Warp's priorities would seem to be these days though. They've put out all kinds of stuff lately and signed some new artists, then there was the Warp20-thing,... so 'Scintilli' might not even be out till late Autumn/ early Winter time now, I'd guess.

• 2 months later...
Guest sirch

I doubt it'll be out anytime before November. Definitely not before the Warp 20 ting in September....

Probably not til December-time-ish, I would think.

Would love it to come out this Autumn, though. But a Xmas release would be equally as nice!

Right, I'm getting really pissed off waiting for this album now.

the thought of it rotting away in a locker of warp headquarters completely finished with everything is really annoying

Archived