IGNORED

Scintilli out in '09

Dale

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well, the invite certainly looks legit (thanks for taking the time to post that, btw). Why in the world would he bother to design that, print it and scan it just to fool a few people on this board...?

Either way, the album will be out within the next few months. I don't think Plaid would have fans try to guess the release date if it was next year.

And a translation of the invitation (through google):

Devialet is pleased to welcome you home that night for the exclusive presentation of new PLAID album, "Scintilli".

Five years after "Greedy Baby", and after the soundtracks of "Tekkonkinkreet" and "Heaven's Door", Andy Turner and Ed Hanley released their highly anticipated new production available on September 26 on Warp.

We are pleased to present this listening on the system Devialet D-Premier.

With four years of R & D and five international patents, Devialet revolutionized audio technology by restoring the work of artists at a level of fidelity and realism never before.

Have a great evening.

Guest sirch

And a translation of the invitation (through google):

Devialet is pleased to welcome you home that night for the exclusive presentation of new PLAID album, "Scintilli".

Five years after "Greedy Baby", and after the soundtracks of "Tekkonkinkreet" and "Heaven's Door", Andy Turner and Ed Hanley released their highly anticipated new production available on September 26 on Warp.

We are pleased to present this listening on the system Devialet D-Premier.

With four years of R & D and five international patents, Devialet revolutionized audio technology by restoring the work of artists at a level of fidelity and realism never before.

Have a great evening.

well the Devialet D-Premier is a real thing. don't think Ed Hanley is, tho! lol

:blink: I'm just coming back from holidays and I see here that a lot of you are insulting me and want to banish me... It's not my problem if Warp doesn't respect what they say to me. So, here it's a real proof that Scintilli will be released September 26th, it's the back of the invitation of the private listening (the front of the invitation is the album artwork cover) : http://www.dropbox.com/gallery/24764599/1/PLAID?h=f65344

So if I understand well the politic of this forum is : you can insult people who are nice and not to be banned for it but you can be banned because you're too nice with the others. I don't understand. :huh::huh: :huh: :huh: :huh:

I believe in you, TitsAndAcid!

In the meantime, you all should check out Ochre's new release of early material, Early Learning, that was released today! I'm playing it now and it's sure to make a Plaid fan happy.

Guest Sprigg

:blink: I'm just coming back from holidays and I see here that a lot of you are insulting me and want to banish me... It's not my problem if Warp doesn't respect what they say to me. So, here it's a real proof that Scintilli will be released September 26th, it's the back of the invitation of the private listening (the front of the invitation is the album artwork cover) : http://www.dropbox.com/gallery/24764599/1/PLAID?h=f65344

So if I understand well the politic of this forum is : you can insult people who are nice and not to be banned for it but you can be banned because you're too nice with the others. I don't understand. :huh::huh: :huh: :huh: :huh:

This is one of the most cynical forums i've ever seen. I want to believe it, but until I see an official announcement, I'm not holding my breath. Mad props for that invite pic though, if it's real man :flower:

I think the Plaid forum is close to BoC territory now.

nah, not even half.

Good point... I've only been on the BoC forum and handful of times, that place is terrifying.

Looks like TitsAndAcid was telling the truth all along, sorry man. :flower: (Yeah I pronounce it "played")

http://soundcloud.com/hirnduebel/plaided

Unless of course the lady just kept confirming the presentation of their own product and knew nothing about Plaid, but oh well.

Guest sirch

This is one of the most cynical forums i've ever seen. I want to believe it, but until I see an official announcement, I'm not holding my breath.

same 'ere.

quite a few people did believe it at first tho and said 'yay this is good news!!!!!!!', myself included. but since then Warp announced Rustie for release in Oct, and there was no Plaid announcement yesterday like the man said there would be, so........ everything points to it being BOGUS NEWS! (except that funny looking invite).

i dunno, maybe Plaid/Warp are gonna do a Radiohead and wait till a week, or a few days, or even the actual release date to announce it. but usually Warp like to rinse the publicity and promo of a big act/band/name for a good few months before a release and get in a tonne of pre-orders. so...... fuck knows they're playing at.

but whatever, it'll be out soon enough (?).

/thread is :fail:

Guest sirch

Looks like TitsAndAcid was telling the truth all along, sorry man. :flower: (Yeah I pronounce it "played")

http://soundcloud.com/hirnduebel/plaided

Unless of course the lady just kept confirming the presentation of their own product and knew nothing about Plaid, but oh well.

Lol. was that you on the phone?

she sounded quite confused to me and just kept saying yes, yes, yes. like an Englishman who doesn't know any French might just say ah oui, oui, oui. lol

Lol. was that you on the phone?

she sounded quite confused to me and just kept saying yes, yes, yes. like an Englishman who doesn't know any French might just say ah oui, oui, oui. lol

Yeah, hence my apprehension. But I didn't wanna specifically ask about the band a third time as if she was retarded or something. :shrug:

So the mystery remains, I guess. But it's fun playing private investigator.

quite a few people did believe it at first tho and said 'yay this is good news!!!!!!!', myself included. but since then Warp announced Rustie for release in Oct, and there was no Plaid announcement yesterday like the man said there would be, so........ everything points to it being BOGUS NEWS! (except that funny looking invite).

do Warp have to announce the release of Scintili "months" before the release date? i wouldnt necessarily think so/agree.. cause it would contradict to what Plaid wrote to me in their e-mail. "if the release date is announced, there'll be leaks, and Warp (& us) dont want that". thats what they said. so i m thinking, it may, one day, be announced and within a few weeks, Scintili be on the shelves...

to understand it just take a look at the boc forum. trolling release dates and releases has a long tradition on watmm going as far as having a boc contact person validated as legit posting false information about future boc releases. thats the reason why people here become easily offended or have a hard time believing stuff. On the other hand I do believe you as your invitation looks legit. dont take the insults personally. If even a boc official is unable to verify warp release dates how should you even so they told you :smile:

Guest sirch

Today! from the Plaid site:

Guessing game

Competition closed. Winners will be announced next week.

it's commmmmmmmmmmmminggggggggggg ggg-hhh-ggg-hhh.......... !!!!!!!! :sorcerer:

Guest sirch

Has anyone tried just sending an email to Warp asking for an update?

Lol. that is straight out of the BoC subforum!

Guest sirch

do Warp have to announce the release of Scintili "months" before the release date? i wouldnt necessarily think so/agree.. cause it would contradict to what Plaid wrote to me in their e-mail. "if the release date is announced, there'll be leaks, and Warp (& us) dont want that". thats what they said. so i m thinking, it may, one day, be announced and within a few weeks, Scintili be on the shelves...

so they're never gonna announce the release date then?, and won't be sending out any promo's for people to review, either?

hmmmmmmmm

so they're never gonna announce the release date then?, and won't be sending out any promo's for people to review, either?

hmmmmmmmm

If the winners of the contest are announced next week then we'll have our release date, whether warp announces it or not (though they probably will next week).

Guest sirch

hmmmmmmmm

If the winners of the contest are announced next week then we'll have our release date, whether warp announces it or not (though they probably will next week).

fo'realz.

hmmmmmmmm

well i mean, "one or two weeks"....is a long-enough time period, if you ask me(pls dont ask me :p), for the reviewers and so on, review the album and for the promo, to be sent to certain people...?? i dont know.

Archived