IGNORED

Scintilli out in '09

Dale

Guest Billov

Stop fretting, it'll come.

Also, I say

Skin-till-tee

I say how-now-brown-cow

At least tBD don't seem let record labels fuck them around, they decide when they want to release stuff and seem to have a constant output that still manages to keep them satisfied.

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i got a (reply)email from Plaid, stating:

"We have finally finished some new material that

we are happy with and are considering how this

will be presented. We have been very slack

concerning our network to date but it is apparent

that writing music to the best of our abilities is

no longer enough. It is in itself free."

but im not sure if it's true. they may have just written this down to say "ah yes yes please keep waiting fans, we will release the thing some time"

?

you gotta be kidding me. So its back to the drawing board regarding the label??

I dont get it, the stuff they put out has been quality so it must be that warp are being real dickheads again or something. Hello warp, wtf??

maybe we should mailbomb or boycott warp, if it's really them, who's delaying the release...

Plaid have lots of fans and many admirers from all over the world, and they come from different musical tastes and origins i tell you.. i can say that since i run the plaided channel and i receive messages and video responses. there 's even people who say they come from hardcore rap and they express how they love Plaid's music and how much respect they have for these guys..even people from heavy metal bands say these things!

what im meaning is: can't Plaid promote and release their own material, ffs? like the Black Dog??? if it's really warp who's making things go wrong.

Also, I say

Skin-till-tee

I say how-now-brown-cow

At least tBD don't seem let record labels fuck them around, they decide when they want to release stuff and seem to have a constant output that still manages to keep them satisfied.

Thats because they but (some) stuff out on Dust, who Richard and Martin run. Then the rest comes out on Soma, which TBD are the big dogs so theyre not going to get fucked around by.

The have a remix album out on monday :smile:

Guest sirch

yeah i meant that! sinn tilli.. and siiiin-tiiiil-liii when you wanna sound like an "italian" ! ???

by the way, i got a (reply)email from Plaid, stating:

but im not sure if it's true. they may have just written this down to say "ah yes yes please keep waiting fans, we will release the thing some time"

?

they really said that? "writing music to the best of our abilities is no longer enough". ??????????

Guest sirch

Also, I say

Skin-till-tee

I say how-now-brown-cow

............. what

edit : ..is this doing in here???????????

Guest sirch

..............to clarify some what, what what, the Plaid email response above could have been talking about, .. some things....

they could have been on about watmm peopleulusbot's opinions of their music, or, they could've been on about warp, no capital letter required.

or............. at this point i might arrive at the assumption that it'd be well easy for Plaid to release their own stuff.........

except, if it was that easy they would've carried on doing so after the BDP label..... like, 20 yarrs ago, but, decided upon a friendly label.., instead.........

putting your own stuff out takes time and money and you hardly ever see anything back. if you have a busy life already it's not a good idea.

yeah i meant that! sinn tilli.. and siiiin-tiiiil-liii when you wanna sound like an "italian" ! ???

by the way, i got a (reply)email from Plaid, stating:

?

im not even sure what to make of that message . network? as in people? they not comfortable on warp (if they're even officially signed to it these days) or something?

"it is apparent that writing music to the best of our abilities is no longer enough" = warp aren't interested in releasing plaid material? $$$

"we have finally finished..." - is this the first (what seems to be a) confirmation that the album has undergone revisions? i havent been keeping up with the plaid gossip so that might not actually be "news", but it is to me.

Are they going to pull a TAFKAP? They could call themselves DP LAID (just for the sexiness). Or DaLAI P or something. And put out the album meant as scintilli for free under that moniker. For them it's probably old work anyways.

Is it '09 already?

Plaid have their email addresses on their site. you people should go on and ask these Qs to them(selves)...they luckily replied my email, which i was never expecting cause this was my 3th? 4th? email to them asking "about something"..

but i had heard, some time, that they reply emails from girls! im not so sure of thats true anyways, :p just a rumor...

(some female Plaid fan had told me this, that she emails them from time to time and that they reply back...she almost had made it seem like theyre twitting each other!!! anyway,,,, and look at us, here, fans of Plaid, waiting for years, for some album to come out,,, with no satisfying reason,,,

sad.

(she didnt even know about their the Black Dog era and she gets replies,,,, or even recipes to make some,,,,cake or donut,,,, and here,we got people still talking about Mind Over Rhythm Meets The Men From Plaid On The Planet Luv , topic, and we look at each other and ask things.....

jeeeeeeeeesus. unfair...

maybe music is just music and at least i, should start listening to other people and other bands.... right...like amon tobin.... shit hey no! ! :D

Guest sirch

"It is in itself free."

-- not sure what they mean there?

music is free these days, almost worthless.. one might spend years on an album.. send it off to label and then some cunt puts it on the net for free within a few weeks..... leaked...... bollocks'ed

sad days

wank days

Guest sirch

I dont really care.

Is a record. It'll come like.

Heres a picture of a cat to entertain you in the meantime

kbGmt.gif

you don't care 'bout much do you....

seems to be the way with use lot.

Guest sirch

a trusted friend told me that Scintilli will be out this year, very soon, and on warp.... it's finished and they're just waiting on a release date from warp.

it will be announced very soon. and i'll get a slap for saying this, but....... fuck it........ you lot need chillin.....

Archived