IGNORED

Augmatic Disport

Guest Rook

Destroyed me today. Rad track.

it's a good one, for a while i couldn't get over the orchestra hits hidden in the background and those stuttering drums it starts out with. i love what it evolves into and for that i eventually got into the beginning.

Guest Enter a new display name

It is in my opinion one of their most challenging tracks. I often choose Augmatic Disport to scare my friends. Untilted is fucking genius. Fact.

What I love about Autechre, is that every once in a while, I'll here one of their tracks I have listened to a million times before and it will be like I heard it for the first time. Today was one of those days with Augmatic Disport.

Guest Enter a new display name
What I love about Autechre, is that every once in a while, I'll here one of their tracks I have listened to a million times before and it will be like I heard it for the first time. Today was one of those days with Augmatic Disport.

It would not impress me.

My favorite track of Untilted. BbbrrmchickabrmdabrmmbrmmmchickachickaBAPBAPBAPBAP

does anybody else feel like perhaps Augmatic Disport started out as an alternate version to the percussion in LCC ?

it has a very very similar beat and in the live shows both the live augmatic disport and live LCC versions were the same tempo so the similarly seemed even greater. Instead of 3 snares ending the beat (like in LCC) Augmatic disport has 6, maybe because they are both such unconventional beats my mind is blending them together. Part way through Sublimit i also get the feeling that it was LCC based

It would not impress me.

please change your avatar, im trying to eat

I remember first hearing untilted, and then being surprised that those snare hits in LCC weren't actually triplets because at first they sounded like triplets. lol. This lol is reserved only for people who know anything about theory.

BbbrrmchickabrmdabrmmbrmmmchickachickaBAPBAPBAPBAP

Word

I remember first hearing untilted, and then being surprised that those snare hits in LCC weren't actually triplets because at first they sounded like triplets. lol. This lol is reserved only for people who know anything about theory.

theory lol

I often choose Augmatic Disport to scare my friends.

LOL word. Definitely the track I've most often sent friends who asked what Autechre is.

hear

hear

Hear.

One of my favorite parts is around the 3:20s when it sounds like they are bouncing the sound off the walls of a very small room and it slows down with each 'bounce'

In related news, I have been meeting an odd number of people who are into Autechre lately. Including one who turned out to be a professor at the local college! He also listens to Oval!

In all seriousness though, this album is amazing.

On an even more unrelated note today I played a friend some Telephasic Workshop and he got all excited for some reason and then we were talking and he said it sounded like a band his uncle like called "the AHphex twins" and I laughed and said wow dude so I'm making him a boc playlist now.

sooooo...Augmatic Disport is amazing

What I love about Autechre, is that every once in a while, I'll here one of their tracks I have listened to a million times before and it will be like I heard it for the first time.

yeah today it was the whole of Cichlisuite for me

My favorite track of Untilted. BbbrrmchickabrmdabrmmbrmmmchickachickaBAPBAPBAPBAP

this track is a good example of why i can't get too into untilted...it's like there's a part A, part B, and part C...and they liked those parts so they were like 'let's put it all together into one song' and the transitions end up being interesting as well....but as a whole the song sounds disjointed and has an unnatural flow...not that i don't enjoy the songs in some way or another, some of them even a lot, it's just that they leave me with an almost confused feeling.

Impacial Section, Pro Radii, and Augmatic Disport are all like this to me. and Iera to an extent, as well. which that's pretty much half the album. LCC, Fermium, and The Trees sound so much more like 'songs', and not so much a mash-up of different ideas.

and Sublimit is just badass in it's own way. i love the big AE tracks like it. total self indulgent fuckery. :)

Archived