IGNORED

Terminator Salvation

Squee

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Great Maker ShaiHulud
yeah but peter jackson, bad taste etc. to lotr

I think a lot of people on this board inexplicably think Bad Taste/Dead Alive, etc. are better films than the Lord of the Rings trilogy.

When I actually learned about the Lotr film, I thought they would be awesome because I remember really loving Frighteners. Then when I saw Fellowship in the theatres, there was a fire alarm due to some idiot smoking and I didn't see the last third of the film until it came out on DVD,

Peter Jackson's early films are bursting with personality and style, and in any case the LotR movies are really not that good, so it's not a huge progression.

Also, Jackson never renamed himself as a rapper/hamburger.

Guest Enter a new display name
Then when I saw Fellowship in the theatres, there was a fire alarm due to some idiot smoking and I didn't see the last third of the film until it came out on DVD,

Was he smoking Peter Jackson cigarettes?

I think it looks pretty cool cant be any more lame than T3

Only gripe i have is that Arnie will be in it YET again.... really no need for him at all until the very end when they send Kyle back.

Arnies T-800 will be played by this austrian body builder.

kickinger2.jpg

But the twist is this guy will have Arnies faced super imposed onto his body. So he can look like his 1984 self

the terminator robots they show look extra silly, the motorcycles lol

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. As a matter of fact, I was thinking why on earth didn't they just send the motorcycles back in time to begin with, run over Sarah Connor and shoot her to pieces. Case solved. Or perhaps just send back one of those huge motherfuckers you see in the end of the trailer?

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. As a matter of fact, I was thinking why on earth didn't they just send the motorcycles back in time to begin with, run over Sarah Connor and shoot her to pieces. Case solved. Or perhaps just send back one of those huge motherfuckers you see in the end of the trailer?

[nerd]you can't send dead matter through the time dilation device. [/nerd]

[nerd]wrong, T - 1000[/nerd]

[nerd]wrong, T - 1000[/nerd]

[nerd]this has always bothered me, but i always assumed it was able to mimic living tissue to get through[/nerd]

You're both wrong - the reason the terminators were sent back as naked men was to get around the 'no dead material' issue - the skin covering the robots is what allowed them to travel, although how the T-1000 had initially living tissue then mimed it's first victim (which for some reason looked EXACTLY like the cop he encountered after arriving), and from that point on was purely synthetic.

You're both wrong - the reason the terminators were sent back as naked men was to get around the 'no dead material' issue - the skin covering the robots is what allowed them to travel, although how the T-1000 had initially living tissue then mimed it's first victim (which for some reason looked EXACTLY like the cop he encountered after arriving), and from that point on was purely synthetic.

well now you're just filling in plot holes and assuming that the T-1000 followed those rules.

i think its more likely the writers just didn't think it all the way through

hey, that makes more sense.

you are also both making the assumption that the T-1000 is able to imitate human flesh or living tissue

There is nothing in any of the terminator movies that indicates to me that when the T-1000 morphs into someone else he is in anyway mimicking biological material but he just looks visibly like a human being, but the surface of the skin is still liquid metal

sorry i just find it funny when anybody thinks of things beyond the script or story to explain a certain plot hole or flaw in a film

sure it's a plot hole, but having the t-1000 covered in living tissue for the time travel which it then discards once at the destination time isn't such a huge reach and wouldn't require it to mimic human tissue after that.

sure it's a plot hole, but having the t-1000 covered in living tissue for the time travel which it then discards once at the destination time isn't such a huge reach and wouldn't require it to mimic human tissue after that.

true, i just always get a kick of out the concept of elaborating on behalf of the writers

its the most epidemic when it comes to David Lynch films. im just giving you guys a hard time :angry:

Archived