IGNORED

is Monolith AFX?

YEK

Methinks Monolith is quite possibly Mr James himself or at the very least something to do with ole Richy boy especially on the synth side of things.

There's some serious modular analogue stuff goig on here (Fenix/303 atyle envelope modulation and classy sequenced modulated cross/filter mod) very like The Tuss and bits of Analord.

Jodey Kendrick sounds very familiar almost like extra Analord tracks.

Would Mr James sign artists that are a little too close to his style or perhaps just wants to release perfectly good music on its own merit without it being ridiculed just because its not quite the same as some gargantuan Aphex Twin release?

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Holy shit Gubbla Salgardo is good...

Well the thing that bugs my ears is a lot of Monoliths sounds have similar qualities to Tuss and Analord type sounds. It was almost like if Richard made a secret soundpack for Rephlex artists and this guy just raped the fuck out of it.

I'm defiantly suspicious.

I'm not into Monolith (a retro-futuristic IDM clone, imo...), I'm not into the Tuss, I'm not into Analord, I was deceived by Afx at Dour, Rephlex went on mp3, Surgeon is a new victim of "UK Bass Music" as was Mike three years ago, oh dear, new things are leaving me and people are leaving the old ones, what a terrible feeling

I'm not into Monolith (a retro-futuristic IDM clone, imo...), I'm not into the Tuss, I'm not into Analord, I was deceived by Afx at Dour, Rephlex went on mp3, Surgeon is a new victim of "UK Bass Music" as was Mike three years ago, oh dear, new things are leaving me and people are leaving the old ones, what a terrible feeling

dude I love that rock

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Barricade

Hey guys, i just listened to monoliths stuff

through and through and I would bet it is

Richard. There are enough signature sounds

on the tracks to support it, you can here the gx-1

all over the place. I for one love monolith and

lets hop for more!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Ntmtpf-XlU

that font doesnt make your argument more convincing...

Hey guys, i just listened to monoliths stuff

through and through and I would bet it is

Richard. There are enough signature sounds

on the tracks to support it, you can here the gx-1

all over the place. I for one love monolith and

lets hop for more!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Ntmtpf-XlU

that font doesnt make your argument more convincing...

lol who made that song in the link

I'm not sure if AFX = Monolith but when I was on AFX show at Sacrum Profanum Festival - 19.09.09 Sacrum Profanum LINK , DJ Rephlex played all Monolith material along with Analord music, maybe it's not a coincidence. ;)

Nice music BTW.

I'm not sure if AFX = Monolith but when I was on AFX show at Sacrum Profanum Festival - 19.09.09 Sacrum Profanum LINK , DJ Rephlex played all Monolith material along with Analord music, maybe it's not a coincidence. ;)

Nice music BTW.

read the rules.

look at me, i'm on a roll!

Archived