IGNORED

is Monolith AFX?

YEK

I'm not sure if AFX = Monolith but when I was on AFX show at Sacrum Profanum Festival - 19.09.09 Sacrum Profanum LINK , DJ Rephlex played all Monolith material along with Analord music, maybe it's not a coincidence. ;)

Nice music BTW.

read the rules.

look at me, i'm on a roll!

Yes I should say Hello first :biggrin: , HELLO FOLKS :aphexsign: , what's more about "read the rules" I just don't know, please enlighten me.

Personally I don't care who it is , maybe it's not a best album but just a good sound.

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

Hey guys, i just listened to monoliths stuff

through and through and I would bet it is

Richard. There are enough signature sounds

on the tracks to support it, you can here the gx-1

all over the place. I for one love monolith and

lets hop for more!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Ntmtpf-XlU

that font doesnt make your argument more convincing...

lol who made that song in the link

I made it, pretty shit eh

Guest Sir Winston

God I like Monolith but +10 shits all over it. That is all.

:pedobear::facepalm::trashbear:

lets hop for more!

The fadeout at the end made it lose all credibility.

that first track is so RDJ influenced it's ridiculous. the change up every 2 measures, the drum sounds, the style of composition. it's awesome.. because of the simple yet effect style to it much like a lot of Analord.

the other tracks aren't nearly as strong and almost sound like someone else entirely, imo. it's such a huge contrast! i could see Grant and Rich playing another game with this. they want people to get in to them for the music and not because of their popularity... so, release stuff as mystery names and they can watch who the real fans are. :aphexsign:

that first track is so RDJ influenced it's ridiculous. the change up every 2 measures, the drum sounds, the style of composition. it's awesome.. because of the simple yet effect style to it much like a lot of Analord.

the other tracks aren't nearly as strong and almost sound like someone else entirely, imo. it's such a huge contrast! i could see Grant and Rich playing another game with this. they want people to get in to them for the music and not because of their popularity... so, release stuff as mystery names and they can watch who the real fans are. :aphexsign:

lol the first track literally repeats the same progression twice in a row. listen closely-er?

hey guys i was richard all along

;]

lol the first track literally repeats the same progression twice in a row. listen closely-er?

Dude, i just meant how it seems like a new element is brought in or taken away every 2 measures.

I'd like to see people treating others on the street like they do in message boards. Unbelievable.

Can somebody link a picture of Monolith? If he dosent exist then he is Richard David James

what about a pic of voafose?

Voafose (Jeremy Simmonds)

voafose.jpg

I have talked to the dude myself.

It's says that the volume 1 EP is produced by David Barnard but who's that?

Is it this dude?

http://www.davidbarnard.co.uk/David_Barnard/Home.html

when you listen to it in a good quality I can hear that its not as good as the tuss or afx

the synths sound much thinner compared to afx

but the arrangement and the tracks are still very nice they just can't hold the quality

• 4 months later...

lets hop for more!

I like the loop at the beginning, but once percussion comes in then, meh, can't really see where the song is going. But no its not shit.

Archived