IGNORED

BCM's jeans

Guest Idrn

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This whole deck shoes/loafers and chinos thing is messing with my mind (having been a teenager when it was de rigeur in the 80s)

If I go there now I'm just going to look like I'm trying to dress like a 16 year old boy

Can anyone recommend some footwear for lilac chinos? Not deck shoes. I have some ox blood brogues, not sure if they match up.

plimsoles, espadrilles, brogues are good.

Guest couch

bcm, i think those jeans look great on you. they look slim fit, not skinny. there is a world of difference (skinny fit are as tight as leggings, slim fit have some nice looseness).

baggy pants are disgusting and i'm glad THAT trend is dying out. took a while, since they were so popular in the 90s, the decade that the majority of you old farts are still living in fashionwise.

actually, over here, the cool hipster fashion now seems to be a mixture of early 80's Miami Vice pastel colours, ray ban sunglasses and boat shoes, mixed with early 90's Doc Marten wearing Cyberpunk/Matrix-esque Goth shit.

sometimes fashion is extremely gay. current fashion is definately in an extremely gay phase. like that tight 3/4 length, wildly coloured chinos, low cut, flimsy tops or blouses and loafers with no socks look you see so much.

You forgot drop crotch pants with some sort of animal print fabric like zebra or leopard skin.

Can anyone recommend some footwear for lilac chinos? Not deck shoes. I have some ox blood brogues, not sure if they match up.

get some brightly colored crocs

crocs_beach_original_1.jpg

Guest sirch

baggy pants are disgusting and i'm glad THAT trend is dying out. took a while, since they were so popular in the 90s, the decade that the majority of you old farts are still living in fashionwise.

As long as this keeps happening...

0122krzysztofpenderecki.jpg

WE WILL HANG ON TO THE DREAM!!!!!

they all look like waxworks. wtf is going on there?

Guest sirch

bcm, i think those jeans look great on you. they look slim fit, not skinny. there is a world of difference (skinny fit are as tight as leggings, slim fit have some nice looseness).

actually, over here, the cool hipster fashion now seems to be a mixture of early 80's Miami Vice pastel colours, ray ban sunglasses and boat shoes, mixed with early 90's Doc Marten wearing Cyberpunk/Matrix-esque Goth shit.

sometimes fashion is extremely gay. current fashion is definately in an extremely gay phase. like that tight 3/4 length, wildly coloured chinos, low cut, flimsy tops or blouses and loafers with no socks look you see so much.

true that. we are in a super-gay phase.

Guest sirch

I think the key neurological rewiring that has occurred is that I no longer require my trainers / shoes to be at least 50-60% covered by the ankle of my trousers. Throughout most of my life I have been repulsed by the sight of my own tongue (shoe not mouth) and tieing the laces in a bow is a no-no. But these days I am happy to flaunt my tongue. In fact I may occasionally be seen tugging at my pant leg so the ankle sits nicely atop it.

Conclusion: I have become a desensitised to exposed-shoe through over saturation of the skinny-pantaloon.

lol. true

in the late 80's it was 'cool' or the done thing to have your trainers laces and tongue showing, too. but never laced up..

that seems to have come back now, innit (for trainer wearers at least).

but I still dislike all those skinny tight jeans/chinos. never worn any and never will. i just wear "loose fit" jeans/trousers, but not too baggy. though i don't think there's anything wrong with baggy, skater-type jeans. better baggy than skinny, i say!

fuck fashion , up the bum.

a nice skinny fit 3 piece Suit (the legs are slim fit not drainpipes).

fitted suits are acceptable imo. i like a sort of 60's mod style fit.

that was some serious exaggeration, kakapo

yeah i was picturing...

0108821009_1.jpg

Guest Mirezzi

Yeah, there's a huge difference between fitted and skinny pants. The former implies you have a body and don't mind if people see its shape; the latter implies you are gay, you'd like to be gay, or you have no body at all, just fabric.

Archived