IGNORED

WATMM Official Old School Thread

eh Speedy

I remember looking for similar artists to Aphex Twin, stumbling across the Joyrex site and seeing a poll for who was your favourite IDM artist. I checked out the names mentioned, became addicted to BoC then lurked for a bit before signing up when it changed to WATMM just to talk to vik who was possibly one of the funniest fuckers ever. It seems like I have been here for so long!

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest PigeonSt

Cheers to everyone!

Joyrex/Watmm was my first real internet "home" and will always be, no matter where this tumbling tumbleweed goes.

Diao called into my radio show.

Countless Christmas gifts exchanged and used cds purchased.

Sharing my tracks with people as birthday gifts.

Being a minority when talking about sports.

I posted on here when a friend of mine was stuck in London with nowhere to stay for the night (he was going to sleep on a bench in a shady park) and someone on here MET HIM AND TOOK HIM IN, ON MY WORD. That is the most amazing thing and I still tell people about it today. Think about that. That's how awesome the community was, and how much certain people respected each other.

Once I saw a lot of that respect fly out the window I moved on, but I doubt I'll find another place quite like Watmm in its heyday, and for that I'll always be dropping back in now and then--just incase it's back :)

Where's Cen? How's the family Joyrex? Do any of the artists release anything good anymore? (that last pusher record was shite) How's wisp's career? Where's Theo? (is he alive?) Is Zeus/Kcinsu travelling the world? Flashbulb dissing Sini? Fred ripping righteous burlaps? Echidna moping around and making music on cassettes? Radiotik exploring the South American wastes? Ipe ripping it up on a skateboard? Essines still loving the Canucks? Mike Haggar ripping the eight bit jams? Snoop Droop doing likewise? Skytree and Plantre being in touch with their emotions? Pabs killing it in Tetris Attack? Saskrotch growing his dreads? Thanksomuch kicking ass and not taking shit? ChenGod repping the sport loving american in Korea? Jedy being a swell dad? SR4 still mowring the grass?

Fuck.

It was awesome guys. I miss it.

dunno if i already mentioned it.

came here when joyrex.com had that dark blue and black motif, with the built in jukebox that played On(28 mix)...i was new to Aphex Twin and the background music just gave the place so much added mystery....and i just stayed around.

I used to be a couple names: System H, Superdude, Neo-Hippeh, etc etc

Cheers to everyone!

Joyrex/Watmm was my first real internet "home" and will always be, no matter where this tumbling tumbleweed goes.

I posted on here when a friend of mine was stuck in London with nowhere to stay for the night (he was going to sleep on a bench in a shady park) and someone on here MET HIM AND TOOK HIM IN, ON MY WORD. That is the most amazing thing and I still tell people about it today. Think about that. That's how awesome the community was, and how much certain people respected each other.

Once I saw a lot of that respect fly out the window I moved on, but I doubt I'll find another place quite like Watmm in its heyday, and for that I'll always be dropping back in now and then--just incase it's back :)

Where's Cen? How's the family Joyrex? Do any of the artists release anything good anymore? (that last pusher record was shite) How's wisp's career? Where's Theo? (is he alive?) Is Zeus/Kcinsu travelling the world? Flashbulb dissing Sini? Fred ripping righteous burlaps? Echidna moping around and making music on cassettes? Radiotik exploring the South American wastes? Ipe ripping it up on a skateboard? Essines still loving the Canucks? Mike Haggar ripping the eight bit jams? Snoop Droop doing likewise? Skytree and Plantre being in touch with their emotions? Pabs killing it in Tetris Attack? Saskrotch growing his dreads? Thanksomuch kicking ass and not taking shit? ChenGod repping the sport loving american in Korea? Jedy being a swell dad? SR4 still mowring the grass?

Fuck.

i love you

and fuck detroit for doing well again. we're on their ass, they better be sweating.

but i agree with your entire post.

i remember you mate.....helped me out a lot with a high school bio project...i think you sent me a picture of your scorpions?

Yessir, SR4! I had a bunch of scorpions and tarantulas that I bred for years, but sadly, the brood has slimmed down to just one lone tarantula these days. I've had her for almost 14 years now...geez!

Cheers to everyone!

Fuck.

PigeonSt!! I thought you were gone from this board for good, my friend! Don't worry, I think you'll still alienate most the board if you bring up football. I turned into a dedicated lurker a few years ago, and this thread is making me awful sentimental about the good ol' days :cry: I still have my birthday track you made me, along with your 2 Autechre remixes (that I still listen to quite often) and a slew of other tracks you made from the era when you got Buzz tracker.

I've got one of Echidna's cassettes from back in the day around here somewhere, it has some really gnarly artwork, not to mention the tunes are top notch as well! I need to dig it up.

I also have a VHS that PABS sent me like 8 years ago of a live Aphex set he recorded (I think it was in exchange for a CDr of AB5!)

Damn, this is a lot of nostalgia for one day. Someone needs to post that Joyrex Interview track. I had it on a CDr, but its been looooong gone. That was a wicked tune!

Guest abusivegeorge
Someone needs to post that Joyrex Interview track. I had it on a CDr, but its been looooong gone. That was a wicked tune!

Try a keyword seach as I'm sure this was definetly posted a few months back mate.

I remember when Joyrex.com had that yellow page design with the I Care Because You Do drawn eyes as the logo... or am I completely off track?

No, that was the final motif of joyrex.com before it went away.

Guest PigeonSt

I'm pretty sure those Autechre remixes were wack. Don't completely remember though.

Marian Hossa = beast. And he knew what team was the realness. Can't fault him for wanting to win the cup...

I still lurk.

Don't know why.

I remember you!

Old school Joyrex lurkers unite!

I wish to unite with my fellow lurkers!

<---- Been around since the joyrex.com ICBYD themed site and look at those numbers over there, that takes dedication.

edit: damn, I'm over 200 posts now

I still lurk.

Don't know why.

I remember you!

<---- Been around since the joyrex.com ICBYD themed site and look at those numbers over there, that takes dedication.

A fellow Kansas lurker, as well! I lurked during the theme that was before ICBYD and then actually started posting a lot when the ICBYD theme went up. I think I had several thousand posts at one point over the years

I still lurk.

Don't know why.

I remember you!

A fellow Kansas lurker, as well! I lurked during the theme that was before ICBYD and then actually started posting a lot when the ICBYD theme went up. I think I had several thousand posts at one point over the years

ya man, I thought you were from KS. Theocide mentioned you to me a long time ago when he was checking out some of my first tunes. Me, you, and xxx need to have a midwest watmm meetup!

• 3 years later...
Guest foilcutterb

Hello, Gentlemen:

I went into a coma or some shit and woke up in 2012. First question upon waking: is the new BOC out yet? Answer: check in at WATMM. Other answer: no. Dammit.

I lurked around here (and sometimes posted) from 2003 until the 05 server crash. We all went through the Ultravisitor wormhole together. Some of us even hit some shows: I met much of the Texas crew through my friend Atop.

When the server crashed, it felt like somebody told me that my favorite reruns of Taxi disappeared forever. Where would the WATMM guys want to make out with Catherine Zeta-Jones? Would Skytree finally move into his head and shave off the woods with a toothbrush? What do dudes do when chicks aren't around? This all sounds kinda canned post-Apted, but we were in the woods, dude!

I think McGriff compared WATMM (as opposed to Xltronic) as the "bowling alley" of IDM sites.

So glad i'm old enough to remember geocities, that was an awesome era of the internet, loved going to UFOs pages where they have sketches of different species of REAL aliens.

Guest chunky

clearing out some cds, found a cdr that a guy sent me 10 years ago

bonkers fruityloops nuttiness, bloody awful :-)

cheers ali........

lol was that me

edit: just wondering because of the 'ali' and the 'fruityloops' and 'bloody awful'

Guest chunky

think it's not you

muslim guy in london that left after 9/11 cos ppl were mean to him on all the forums

yeah it would have had to have been 12 or 13 year ago to be bonkers combined with those other adjectives

yeah it would have had to have been 12 or 13 year ago to be bonkers combined with those other adjectives

rad!

been here a year or ten i'm guessing

Guest chunky

gonna have to upload mp3s of this geezer sometime

see if he's still a watmm member? that would be funny

online time capsule

Archived