IGNORED

Starting a collection of LPs, Records or Vynil as they say

marf

After losing GIGs of music on my computer after a crash I realized I only ever really listened to a handful of artists on a regular basis anyway.

I love the sound of vynil coming from a nice set up. Nothing too expensive. It would be nice to actually have something to hold in my hand that is tangible too. I dunno. LPs shouldn't be too expensive these days either.

Guest David R James

Its a much more enjoyable way of collecting music i think. It pychological mostly but i enjoy the music more knowing its coming from that mechanical process that is vinyl. When you own either a vinyl or cd u know its yours, uve payed for it so you owe it to urself to listen to it, i get this feeling when ive payed for mp3's as well.

music is less about the sound itself than the relationship of listener and music

this is why saw 85-92 is better than drukqs

it is entirely subjective

vinyl is incomparably better than mp3

this is entirely objective

i'm seriously considering selling all my vinyl. not got room for it anymore....gonna do it in one job lot on ebay maybe - i'll keep the really special ones, but sell about 300 odd rekkids that I never really listen to....

Guest frank belko
All that being said, I still buy records because they provide a listening experience you can't duplicate.

exactly. i usually just download stuff off the internet and if i like i'll go buy the vinyl. everything is just.. better.

i'm seriously considering selling all my vinyl. not got room for it anymore....gonna do it in one job lot on ebay maybe - i'll keep the really special ones, but sell about 300 odd rekkids that I never really listen to....

i'm considering doing the same thing. i never take the time to put records on.....i too have a ton of them......

i'll have to think about it first for a while though.

Don't do it. I guarantee you will regret it.

The only thing I've ever got rid of was my copy of GAK on CD. I still regret it.

Don't ever get rid of you're vinyl. But if you really must, then sell it to me.

i have a lot of records i would definitely sell but they arent worth anything.

anything worth selling - i wouldn't dream of parting with

except maybe "making orange things" and even then i would be quite reluctant if only for "unborn baby" and the fact that they're both on sexy translucent orange vinyl

i have a cool orange sonic youth 10" with concentric grooves so it's 50/50 what track you put on

it's not great though (generic is good though (if a little generic (in a sonic youth way)))

maybe that's the point . i never pay attention to the lyrics with sonic youth, they always seem a bit

shit whenever i do pay attention. at least they got progressively shitter with time.

[kim gordons moaning] X [time] = [annoying2]

Archived