IGNORED

Christian Movie and Game Reviews

Squee

> > http://christiananswers.net/spotlight/

This site contains some great lols.

The Big Lebowski

I would not recommend this movie to anyone except a fan of Coen Brother's films. Even then, there is no redeeming value in this film. Furthermore, literally hundreds of instances of profanity and obscenity, plus sexually suggestive dialogue, drug abuse, discussion of pedophilia, female breast rear male nudity, and violence make this a film off-limits to all Christians.

Comments:

…The amount of profanity and disgracing of the Lord in this film made me sick to my stomach. After the nude scene I was forced to leave the theater. I knew my Savior was dissappointed in me for watching such filth…

—Michael, age 22

I wish I had read your review before I went to see this movie. I love to bowl with my youth group and consider bowling to be a healthy pasttime. I was so disapointed that this movie would take a clean Christian sport like bowling and pervert with the drugs and sex and profanity. I would urge other Christian bowlers to stay away from “The Big Lebowski.”

—Heather, age 21

Quarantine

The first thing that bothered me were several lewd comments that the firefighters make about the attractive female reporter. Perhaps what bothered me more is that she really didn’t seem to mind any of the comments, which tells you the state of morality these days.

Cloverfield

From beginning to end, “Cloverfield” has a lot of moral filth. The movie begins with Rob waking Beth up in his bed. It is obvious she is nude (only her back is shown). Within the same scene, Rob is shown in his boxers, implying pre-marital sex. This is confirmed at Rob’s going-away party when Hud overhears Beth and Rob discussing it. Upon hearing it, Hud immediately begins to gossip and tell numerous people about their having sexual relations. One girl comments that maybe its Rob’s “going-away present” from Beth. Rob later justifies his having sex with Beth as a “spur of the moment” decision. Sex in this movie is shown as a casual event between unmarried persons and a fun topic of gossip. I did like how their sexual encounter only created negative results. In the beginning of the movie, they found temporary pleasure in their sin. A month later, Beth and Rob were still dealing with the consequences. (LOL!)

Among the most offensive content in this film is its profanity and using the Lord’s name in vain. They are uttered in almost every scene, and I had trouble keeping count. The film seemed to love using sh*t. I counted at least 27 uses. I also heard at least one GD. I cringed when I heard the misuse of the Lord’s name. “Oh, my God” was used without reservation throughout the film. It seems Hollywood cannot think of a better saying to show surprise or fear. In that regard, this movie lacked originality and had its characters bell it out in almost unbroken repetition. I counted at least 29 times of this misuse. The name of Jesus was also misused at least 7 times. I, however, do not doubt that there were many more. It was hard to count because many scenes involved loud commotion and chaos. It would have been nice if they actually were crying out to God. This movie, however, never made any references to God or his sovereignty.

Looting was also shown. Instead of robbing for survival, these thieves had entirely selfish reasons. They were robbing an electronics store. Some could be seen carrying out TVs on their shoulders. Rob did steal a battery in desperation in order to re-establish contact with Beth. I did not find this offensive since he was genuinely concerned about Beth's safety.

reading this shit makes me feel weird.

people actually believe that there is some higher power telling them that they can't watch movies with profanity and sexuality in it. wtf that shit doesn't even make sense.

i guess it's all just a big cycle of guilt and alot of deeper rooted childhood abuse/trauma issues.

I was so disappointed that this movie would take a clean Christian sport like bowling and pervert with the drugs and sex and profanity

have they not been to a bowling alley ? or do they not consider some of the sleaziest built in white trash bars on earth 'clean'

Guest Stoppit

haha, that guy seems to be under the impression that the Coen brothers were really trying to target the bowling-filmgoer demographic with Lebowski

'Hey, Ethan...you know who likes films?'

'No Joel, who?'

'Bowlers, that's who. And the only competition is 'Kingpin'...the market is wide open'

'Hey, you're right...we should totally make a bowling film!'

IF ONLY THEY'D LEFT OUT THE CUSSIN' IT COULD HAVE BEEN A CLASSIC BOWLING MOVIE

I love this comment on Max Payne 2

"I bought this for my 8 year old and was horrifed to hear the F word. Why is this game so dark? What happened to respectful superheros like superman or green lantern now we only have evil superheros like batman, punisher or this awful Max Payne. Avoid this game at all costs. Its not for children."

I love how christians don't seem to bat an eye about graphic violence but God forbid anyone uses bad language or has sex.

This reminds me of my wife's uncle, I've only met him twice but dude writes stacks upon stacks of praise the lord poetry... and owns pretty much every shoot 'em up action flick ever made like tango 'n cash

some people are just very strange

See above

violence is very much a part of christianity. jesus died a very bloody death. we christians hang little statues of his dying body up in our houses. we love violence. fiction violence is fiction. whereas a booby, whether fictional or not on tv, is still a real booby. it takes a real actress booby to portray a fictional booby, so it's a real booby nonetheless, and therefore bad.

Guest Renivatio
lol

my girlfriend doesn't like the big lebowski enough, and i almost left her for it.

good man.

i find it discomforting that there are people out there who think like that

I find it discomforting that there are people out there who are like that.

But let's look on the bright side; we wouldn't have anything to laugh at if they weren't out there.

when i was 5 my aunt frankie would take me bowling and bowl the ball straight towards the gutter, but she said christ would bring it back to the middle, and sure enough every time it would curve right back and knock all the pins over. she liked to spike her tab with malibu rum.

the worst pizza i ever ate was at a bowling alley. the pizza was made by my friends mom for his birthday we had at the bowling alley. his dad was drinking beer and she was drinking vodka out of a water bottle. i won the tournament that we had and i got an extra huge goodie bag. everything smelled of stale shoes, liquor and cigarettes. it was awesome.

the worst pizza i ever ate was at a bowling alley. the pizza was made by my friends mom for his birthday we had at the bowling alley. his dad was drinking beer and she was drinking vodka out of a water bottle. i won the tournament that we had and i got an extra huge goodie bag. everything smelled of stale shoes, liquor and cigarettes. it was awesome.

sounds like an ancient chinese opium den

Archived