YEK

Guest misspottymouth

christ, he kept this release quiet!

or have i just been under a rock?

i'll check it out now

• 5 months later...
Guest blicero

aren't there 3 of these?

EDIT: lol NM, i didn't notice that you said this was the 3 EPs combined. is this available for sale anywhere?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Get on with the program! Rhythm is as great as can be..... Maybe there's a touch of smudgy Roquefort and Brie here and there, and that's a good thing I promise you. I think your definition of "cheesy" is too broad. In my book, cheesy refers to music made for sex and money, where the artist has sacrificed his own vision and feeling to replace it with something he never really was. Rhythm is none of that stuff. Rhythm is an album for just about any occasion, seriously I can't picture one single time that album hasn't been a great addition to the social and spiritual vibe. In my opinion the album is one of Luke's best efforts to date. Loads of fresh beats, spaced out trippy feel-good melodies and some vocoder touches that noone really can do like the man himself.

• 2 weeks later...

i just downloaded this... from reading somewhere else it's supposed to be a collection of eps?

this is def a record, it's really good actually

yue suk ie wont .. tried tue bie an faeld ... failed i tells ya .. mutha fuka .. i rekon he's got 1000 minted precious dry vinyl sitting in his lounge vault .. just waiting to launch it onto the unsuspecting amazon tribesman .. over the years to come ...

geh greh ..

-d/ls slsk (for the first time in 7 years

i am addicted to the 'A Fine Line' track.

i listen to it over and over and over and over and over.

it was said that 'We Hear You' was Luke's best work, but i would think this would be more like it.

(i personally regard his 'Wagon Christ' works and 'Yoseph' to be his best along with this album.) :music:

1233102684_electrzq9.jpg

Would people like this if it wasn't Luke Vibert? It sounds so incredibly dull. I mean, come on - I know we all have differing tastes etc. - but most of this obviously sounds very limp and predictable. It's like Luke Vibert on autopilot (in a bad way), with exactly the sort of easy-listening-ish-jazz samples, stupid vocal samples, and slow hip hop beats you'd expect, only not as interestingly dealt with or as well produced as usual. Long stretches wibble on doing nothing much at all.

I suppose it'd be good if you were really, really stoned, or maybe in the background.

:facepalm:

It's much easier to be cynical, or to post a picture like that, than to actually engage in a point. Thank you, though, for not posting some quick snide rude comment - I mean that honestly. That kind of thing is very unoriginal.

I just think this particular Luke Vibert album is total shite. Barring two or three tracks, I can't see how anyone could think anything much of it.

• 1 month later...

dudes, i've always been a casual vibert fan. i like him enough to have pretty much all of his releases, but i don't listen to him a ton and would rarely sit through a full album of his.

well, i listened to the Rythm LP stoned on some great new stuff tonight and holy shit if i'm not hearing the fucking spirtual genius of this holy man clearly for the very first time. vibert's genius was always evasive to me as i didn't fully appreciate the subtlety of it. but i'm hearing the deranged beauty and glory of his melodies and soundscapes. it's like experiencing a thousand orgasms in the temple of the sun on acid with a pair of 18 yo swedish girls giggling and massaging your testicles.

• 2 weeks later...

fuck the haters, this album is amazing. nothing groundbreaking, just straightforward fun and goofy creativity from an artist taht never fails to deliver

]

my favorites over a few listens:

\

Wow! its now!

Sparky is a Retard

A Fine Line

Eleventy One

the title track (GODDAMN thats funky)

i think its a great lp for sure - highlight is definitely the title track for me. of his recent works, i'd have to put we hear you on top, though. i think it's a more solid release for sure! glad we're getting more releases under the luke vibert name!

Archived