IGNORED

The Most IDM Place

Alzado

Fred, this is your deal, so I'll defer to you. But I'd be interested to see what people believe to be the most IDM location on earth is. It could be a city, a region (the Amazon), or a specific place (underneath your parents' bed). But you have to explain why.

Naturally-occurred, or manmade?

as above, the crystal caves at naica

naica3.jpg

- Discovered in 2001, a giant crystal cave 300m below the surface with crystals up to 36 feet long and weighing 55 tons. But this scorching cavern could kill humans after just 15 minutes of exposure

- The largest crystal found at Naica is 500,000 years old.

- Naica sits on a set of fault lines. A magma chamber a mile and a half down warms the water that flows throughout the mountain - The Naica principle cave "Cueva de Los Cristales" is 45°C and 100% humidity.

- Cameras need to be tape-less and wrapped in plastic bags and pre-heated for three hours prior to entering the cave.

IDM

Guest Franklin

funny that there are a few crazy people that live there with a mine fire raging on underneath them and the ground collapsing all over into fire pits!

Archived