IGNORED

The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks

Squee

Today's Nintendo keynote at the Game Developers Conference ended up bearing Zelda fruit after all, with the announcement of the tentatively titled The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks for the Nintendo DS.

The new game, which looks to play a bit like The Phantom Hourglass, features dungeon maps on the top screen, gameplay on the bottom screen, and a bit of a fascination with trains. In the trailer shown at the keynote, which we will have available for you shortly, Link is seen acting as the engineer for a train with a cannon mounted on the locomotive.

The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks will be available this year for the Nintendo DS. Exciting, isn't it? Hoepfully we'll get to use the DS microphone to make choo choo noises.

Trailer Inside

Guest my usernames always really suck

Can we just get a regular Zelda game without fucking gimmicks for once?

I wouldn't really say that it looks gimmicky at all. I mean, the transportation has been been part of the last...4 or 5 Zelda games... or am I way off?

Guest my usernames always really suck
I wouldn't really say that it looks gimmicky at all. I mean, the transportation has been been part of the last...4 or 5 Zelda games... or am I way off?

Zelda never had any trains, bro.

Zelda never had any trains, bro.

True - but this might take place a long time after the other games.

Guest bitroast

some of the gimmicks are good. ocarina's biggest gimmick was the child/adult gameplay but that was all nicely part of the story and felt fine/natural. for me it was essentially gimmick-less and that's what made it such a classic. the wolf side of twilight princess was totally unnecessary but in the end worked alright. i second the notion for a gimickless zelda.

fxing give me a new wii version following up to twilight princess with wii quality graphics and no wolf stuff.

oh and magic would be nice too since for some reason they decided to not add any.

console

no ds

damnit

twilight princess could never beat ocarina of time, but what could? Who cares, they are capable and I want something that is as fun to play. ive never enjoyed just okaying any game, regardless of it being zelda or not, as twilight princess. Plus make link be able to jump better, And the downward thrust stab w/ the sword from zelda 2 A++++

Also this:

some of the gimmicks are good. ocarina's biggest gimmick was the child/adult gameplay but that was all nicely part of the story and felt fine/natural. for me it was essentially gimmick-less and that's what made it such a classic. the wolf side of twilight princess was totally unnecessary but in the end worked alright. i second the notion for a gimickless zelda.

Good thing I didn't sell my DS after all!

I didn't even finish Phantom Hourglass, I got so tired of sneaking through that fuckin temple over and over again. I hope this one will be better.

Thanx 4 tha news Squeegeeeeeeeeeeeee!1!

Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

i'm a little behind on zelda, just got ocarina and on the cover it says "game of the year 1998" doh. welcome to the 90s dumbass.

I kinda wish they'd go back and remake the original Zelda with Windwaker-quality graphics (or better - make the graphic style like the instruction booklet illustrations):

normal_THF-booklet.jpg

I didn't even finish Phantom Hourglass, I got so tired of sneaking through that fuckin temple over and over again. I hope this one will be better.

amen, i really wanted to enjoy phantom hourglass, because i like the windwaker style, but playing that stupid dungeon over and over just killed it for me.

check out the new castlevania.

its all about ocarina of time

i'm about half way through ocarina and like most things i stopped playing it and haven't gone back to it. i will eventually. oh and i bought majora's mask, opinions on that game?

amen, i really wanted to enjoy phantom hourglass, because i like the windwaker style, but playing that stupid dungeon over and over just killed it for me.

Guest bitroast
I kinda wish they'd go back and remake the original Zelda with Windwaker-quality graphics (or better - make the graphic style like the instruction booklet illustrations):

normal_THF-booklet.jpg

Link_LOZ_with_items.png

look at his eyes. you know he means business. either that or carrying a raft+ladder+sword+shield on his back is starting to take its toll.

Archived