IGNORED

Blues

Guest countchocula

Guest countchocula

Are any of you guys blues fans? I saw garyc's post on Motown so I figured a couple of you have to be into the blues. I love blues old and new going as far back as Muddy Waters, Robert Johnson, John Lee Hooker, and Son House to recent takes on blues such as Stevie Ray Vaughn and Eric Clapton.

mississippi records knows whats up as far as that goes.

what about some kan mikami all up in your shit though? he can tear hearts out with his voice alone, let alone the guitar wailage

Guest countchocula

I like electric and acoustic personally. I love slide guitar using either.

Fred Mcdowell

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>">
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

Texas Flood-SRV

type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>">
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

Guest countchocula
I'm forever being told about Howlin' Wolf. Anybody care to guide me in?

Chester Arthur Burnett A.K.A "howlin wolf" was a Mississippi born blues guitar and harmonica player and singer. He had a very deep, smokey voice that he said sounded like howling. Here are some example videos:

Him playing live

Howlin Wolf - Smokestack Lightning live

Guest Hanratty
mississippi records knows whats up as far as that goes.

what about some kan mikami all up in your shit though? he can tear hearts out with his voice alone, let alone the guitar wailage

yes! mississippi records has introduced me to a lot of great old music. i would also like to recommend Charlie PAtton

edit: kan mikami's music i cannot understand the appeal, although a lot of good sources has sung his praises.

Guest all_purpose_sandpaper
I like to look at Crumb while listening to blues.

picCrumbUnknownBluesmen-746412.jpeg

logo.jpg

crumbpg1.jpg

crumbpg2.jpg

CrumbWarm.jpg

Harmonica-Blues.jpg

rad. a good test fot blues if there is no you tube inbed. blinded performers were the best, gary davis, blake, all blinded.

Guest Hanratty
i like the aesthetics, the background and all, but never really liked the music. total respect though

i was like that too for awhile. but eventually i heard some gritty raw blues about heartbreak and dying and now i love it.

good recommendations so far; let me add a few more

Texas Flood-SRV

Jesus fuck that was awesome.

I clicked it thinking "I'll check this out for a few seconds" and ended up watching the whole thing.

Love blues guitar solos.

• 10 years later...

Archived