IGNORED

Call for Submissions: IDM Tribute to Antarctica

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

My guess is, it'll be a long while yet. There has to be (private) judging, then announcing which tracks are on the compilation, then waiting for the artwork to be done, and the CD-Rs to be manufactured, and then getting the website sorted.

I expect we're looking at sometime in the autumn (fall in usa language).

For reference, the Deep Sea Creatures CD took 4 and a half months, from the submission deadline (end of July 2007) to the CD release date (Dec 15th 2007).

• 1 month later...
Guest Adjective

Straight from the Fred's twitter:

Ok guys, here it goes - The story is that Kaen submitted a 79 minute ambient sound poem under the moniker Zangiefen Blur. Unfortunately, this left no room for other tracks. 500 beautiful red vinyls were pressed, all with a blurred Zangief graphic (thanks patternoverlap). Before an announcement could be made a response letter from Capcom was received by our legal dept. I can't go into the details of the letter but for now it looks like Futonic is in a holding pattern while Alzado prepares our case. Stay tuned.

Guest Deslouriers

That's funny, I read it as, "I'm too elitist to give artists that submitted material the common courtesy of telling them what's actually going on."

Seriously, kind of starting to get annoyed with how this is being run.

Guest Enter a new display name

I just noticed this thread, and I remember I sent a WAV file to Fred before he wrote those rules. Was I automatically excluded from the contest without even being aware of it? I am sure Fred laughed at my submission for sucking hard, anyway...

Sorry guys. Thanks to the 12 of you who submitted. There were 3 or 4 truly great tracks, but in short the number of quality tracks wouldn't be enough material to make a CD. Each year we got less and less submissions and less and less interest, so it's time to hang it up. So feel free to do what you like with the tracks you submitted and accept my apologies for not being able to make this one work. Our hearts just aren't in it I don't think, so it would just be a sad exercise in going through the motions if we did. Sorry for not getting back to you all earlier but there's been a lot of personal stuff going on and it will continue to go on so, last post for now. Take care my friends.

Archived