IGNORED

Heroine (Not Wonder Woman or Shee-Ra)

YEK

opiates are trash. A good 300 mg dose of ketamine will floor you way harder than any of that shit, and put you into an intense trip on top of it. That and the euphoria is the bees knees.

Every time I've ever done opiates its always a feeling as though I'm not high enough no matter how much I do, and eventually I do to much and the overdose effects come into play. The list of effects for opiate overdose is fucking staggering:

-Nausea

-Light headedness

-Dizzyness

-Overheating

-Chills

-Shakes

-Sore muscles

-INTENSE itchiness (like jesus christ)

Thats just off the top of my head.

For ket the negative list is as follows:

-Nasal pain upon insufflation.

need i say more?

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Iain C

You can't compare them, they're really different. And ketamine has far more negatives than that - a bit too much ketamine is far worse than a bit too much dihydrocodeine. And who wants to go into an "intense trip" on top of it? Tripping's for douchey hippie types.

i had one friend become a heroin addict and he still is one about 7 years into it, he claims hes not but every time i see him he's clearly opiated out of his mind but often hell make an appearance to all of his old friends and appear 'clean' to i suppose save some face and make himself feel better. The saddest part about it for me was watching him go from being an honest caring creative compassionate person to a compulsive liar irritable little bitch and uninteresting bore.

Another friend who did heroin at the same time managed to have the will to go into rehab after about a year, he relapsed only once and since then (5 years out) has been totally clean. Im proud of him and what he's done with his life after that experience.

But man i went to Expression Center for new Media an audio art school out in California... the level of party whore bros who wanted to try shooting heroin once they got wind other people were doing it was FUCKING ASTOUNDING. they all wanted to be like Miles davis i guess? I take that back, only like the end of his career miles davis where he pawned his trumpet for junk. ...live like a rock star without actually having any musical talent whatsoever? it was pretty pathetic and quite a few of the other students there did try it with my other two junkie friends. For a while my apartment (who i was sharing with one of the junkies) became the 'cool place to go to try shooting heroin' and thats when i knew i had to get out of there really fast.

Jasper/pants on my head might have witnessed this when he went to the same school a couple years later

You can't compare them, they're really different. And ketamine has far more negatives than that - a bit too much ketamine is far worse than a bit too much dihydrocodeine.

considering that the medical anesthetic dosage of ketamine is farbelow an overdose and recreational doses are far below an anesthetic dose, the dangers of ketamine relatively speaking are much less than any type of opiate.

it's extremely easy to OD on opiates VS very hard to OD on ketamine. There are definite dangers from being in a totally disassociated state on Ketamine, but not so much from the drug itself.

but maybe you mean 'far worse' as in you dont enjoy it?

Guest Iain C

I know ketamine's pretty safe and opiates can kill you, everyone who takes them should know that, I just meant the subjective effects. If you're just taking ketamine for an anaesthetic/euphoric effect then an unexpected psychedelic effect is pretty awful and the different between the two in dosage is pretty small. I just think it's a silly idea to recommend ketamine as an opiate replacement.

As you might have guessed, I like downers and hate tripping!

Guest beatfanatic
Heroin is something I'd never touch with a barge pole. I still don't understand what drives people to want to. I've taken alot of stupid stuff in my time that I've looked back on and thought "What the fck was I doing?" I've also run into a lot of people who've had their lives destroyed by the stuff but never change.

The thing I find disturbing that on a physically damaging and addictive level it's just as bad as alcohol which is more readily available.

Heroin is not physically damaging at all.

Negative health effects on heroin are a consequence of the user's lethargy and faillure to take proper care of their body but it's not caused by the actual substance itself.

Not so fast--when you bludgeon your body with megadoses of opiates, the receptors responsible for binding the opiate and thus causing the high "downregulate" or disappear. Physiology is a beautiful game of resource conservation--if you got a steady supply of a chemical, the body goes on a blissful cruise control. This is true for everything from heroin to eating too much sugar and becoming insulin resistant. Studies using functional MRI show that long time opiate or cocaine addicts have permanent downregulation of brain activity aka nothing will ever feel as good again for the rest of your life because you've "popped" the facility in your body responsible for the positive feelings.

Not to mention the severe cardiac and respiratory depression that takes the life of a lot of addicts. I'd call that a "negative health effect" lol

Dr House

You can't compare them, they're really different. And ketamine has far more negatives than that - a bit too much ketamine is far worse than a bit too much dihydrocodeine.

considering that the medical anesthetic dosage of ketamine is farbelow an overdose and recreational doses are far below an anesthetic dose, the dangers of ketamine relatively speaking are much less than any type of opiate.

it's extremely easy to OD on opiates VS very hard to OD on ketamine. There are definite dangers from being in a totally disassociated state on Ketamine, but not so much from the drug itself.

K holes are not fun. Sorry

Not so fast--when you bludgeon your body with megadoses of opiates, the receptors responsible for binding the opiate and thus causing the high "downregulate" or disappear. Physiology is a beautiful game of resource conservation--if you got a steady supply of a chemical, the body goes on a blissful cruise control. This is true for everything from heroin to eating too much sugar and becoming insulin resistant. Studies using functional MRI show that long time opiate or cocaine addicts have permanent downregulation of brain activity aka nothing will ever feel as good again for the rest of your life because you've "popped" the facility in your body responsible for the positive feelings.

Not to mention the severe cardiac and respiratory depression that takes the life of a lot of addicts. I'd call that a "negative health effect" lol

So, what about people that don't produce enough dopamines in the first place, like depressed people?

If you're just taking ketamine for an anaesthetic/euphoric effect then an unexpected psychedelic effect is pretty awful and the different between the two in dosage is pretty small.

Anybody taking k who has done any semblance of research would know about the psychedelic effects and therefore they would not be unexpected.

Also I dunno about the dosage difference being that small..

Anaesthetic/numbing doses of k is a bump or two, or like 50mg, but a k hole dose is easily 200-300 mg, the biggest problem with K is being in the middle dose, you either need to do a few bumps or go all the way, being caught in limbo is the worst thing ever because you are too disconnected to be, but you are too grounded to not be..

K holes are not fun. Sorry

Subjectivity is fun to project. Not Sorry :beer:

i had a ketamine session once... i snorted three lines and after that i felt nothing but extreme fatigue; my heart beat rate lowered the perception was slow and dull. i didn't like it, specially if i consider the fact that it's a horse sedative... yuck.

i tried 2CB this weekend for the first time and i can say it is quite amazing. the overall experience was amplified by serious debates about quantum physics before that. we really sank into that; an overwhelming experience, accompained with hard laughter, moments of deep awareness and affection.

Guest melotronic
For ket the negative list is as follows:

-Nasal pain upon insufflation.

need i say more?

although ketamine is the closest model of a schizophrenic drug known to man... nothing else is more likely to send you schizoid. but i agree about the "flooring" qualities of a high-dose ket trip. it is fucking intense

and Godwin Austen - hopefully i should be getting some 2cb soon. really looking forward to it, heard it's nice as shit but fucks with your head a lot on the comedown...

and Godwin Austen - hopefully i should be getting some 2cb soon. really looking forward to it, heard it's nice as shit but fucks with your head a lot on the comedown...

the way i see it, when experimenting with drugs, the two most important things to consider are: set and setting, both of which you're probably already familiar with (set= the mind set before and while taking the drug, setting= your environment, which includes people around you). taking this into serious account before launching into space is important. at least it eliminates two factors that can fuck your mind out.

about 2CB; it can be consumed either oraly (dissolved in water) or by snorting. we snorted it (at about 1am). effect kicked right in and lasted intensivelly for about five hours. after that you begin to experience short "surfacing" into reality for a minute or two... then sinking again... this occurs more often as the time goes by. the afterglow effect is much shorter than the one with 'shrooms. apart from motion coordination jam and inability to concentrate to one task or thought nothing "bad" happened. i tried to roll one tobacco cig and it took me whole night. i quit when the tobacco bag misteriously vanished. LOL. the comedown was easy. i went to sleep at 9 o'clock in the morning.

Guest AOOproductions
yea my step-dad said he had functioning smackhead friends in london, with kids, well-payed jobs and good health (my step-dad goes to church every week etc.). but he didn't manage to convince me to try it ha

I'd have to see it to believe it

yea my step-dad said he had functioning smackhead friends in london, with kids, well-payed jobs and good health (my step-dad goes to church every week etc.). but he didn't manage to convince me to try it ha

I'd have to see it to believe it

But then you'd have to go to church to see his dad brag about his imaginary friends.

Archived