IGNORED

antipop consortium - flourescent black

QBLA

APC sign to Big Dada Recordings - "Fluorescent Black" out 09/09/09!!!

Anti-Pop Consortium sign to Big Dada!

Big Dada Recordings are proud and pleased to announce that legendary avant-rap group Anti-Pop Consortium have signed a two album deal with the label. Their first album in seven years, “Fluorescent Black,” will be released on 09/09/09.

Widely regarded as cutting-edge innovators to a broad spectrum of listeners including b-boy purists, experimental electronic fans and indie rockers, Anti-Pop Consortium’s return is major news. The group have been praised for their stream-of consciousness lyrics, their ability to give seemingly unrelated word clusters hidden meaning, and their sonic backdrops that provide the perfect canvas for their lyrical paintings.

Since the album Arrhythmia (2002) was released to critical acclaim on Warp Records, and found them on tour with DJ Shadow and Radiohead among others, the group found it necessary to take a break and work on individual projects. Now they’re back stronger than ever. “We needed time to grow and mature as artists individually,” a statement from the group says. “Now that we have assessed our strengths and weaknesses, we are ready to re-form stronger and better than we have ever been before. The chemistry that we have together makes for exceptional music. It's time to return.”

When Big Dada heard that APC were working on a new record they were keen to get involved. As Will Ashon, founder of the label puts it, “Antipop were one of the groups who were inspiring me when we started the label in the ’90s – to have them directly involved is a dream.” For their part, the group say that “Big Dada is known for the exceptional and unique artists that populate their label and we are proud to be a part of a musical roster that dares to push the envelope.”

Two thirds of “Fluoresent Black” is already in the can and there’s a feeling growing that it will be their greatest work yet, a summation of where they’ve travelled before but also a giant step beyond it. “Our approach to music has always been individualistic,” the group say. “As creative musicians, it is our duty to bring our brand of individuality to the world of music.”

# # #

WORD... INGODDAMNMUTHAFUCKIN'DEED!

Guest Sir Winston

Fuck that this is gonna blow spots off that shit! I really am this hyped about this you dont even know.

let's hope its as patchy, inconsistent, short lived, pretentious and mediocre as their last album

it's

that's true about arrythmia. but the tracks that excelled on that album outweighed the weak (IMO). tragic epilouge is straight up awesome. damn i can't wait!

• 1 month later...

If i was Flourescent Grey I'd be incensed that these glitch rappers had stolen my idea for a name.

EDIT: Also the name itself has never really been that impressive. It seems to be too obvious a contradiction in terms and doesn't really push many boundaries, like calling yourself Neon White or something.

If i was Flourescent Grey

antipop consortium - flourescent black

why does everybody and their great uncle spell fluorescent wrong?

i hope the Antipop consortium didn't actually call their album 'flour'escent black

edit: i'm impressed that the Clitterhouse obsession with me has not stopped for 3-4 years, you go boy!

• 2 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

So this is out this week, eh? I was a bit confused about release date because originally it was slated for early September, then I heard it was pushed to October 13. Now I hear it's out today (US). Anyone heard it yet?

got the mp3s from bleep.com, a few days ago. some really nice tracks on it

Guest neremic

there are some excellent beats on it. the rapping seems amateur but i haven't got much past the surface of the album.

I'm pretty sure they are professional rappers - what do you mean? different?

there are some excellent beats on it. the rapping seems amateur but i haven't got much past the surface of the album.

I'm pretty sure they are professional rappers - what do you mean? different?

maybe 'amateur' is the wrong word. different, yeah. some of the flows feel too hurried/packed on the more straightforward tracks, but there are def dope moments

Archived